Corp. - Metro nodes and on-canvas sidebar

Corp. - Metro nodes and on-canvas sidebar 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Looks amazing. :)

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. I presume the static sidebar can be switched to the left, like with UI.X?
2. Also like UI.X, can the sidebar be set to appear on every page?
3. Do you know if it's possible to populate the sidebar using the XF widget framework addon?
4. Do you know if this is compatible with Brogan's frontpage portal addon?

1. You are able to change the position of the sidebar just like in UI.X to the left or right.
2. Yes, you are able to set it to appear on every page as it is built with the same framework as UI.X.
3. I believe you can yes, but do let us know if you have any issues with adding them to the sidebar itself.
4. Not sure if it is or not but you are welcome to try and report back unless someone here has used it with this theme.

Sorry to bother you - bought and installed (web files to the server, xml file imported through "Import style") - but am getting this message beneath the header and the forums:

"Please reinstall or reactivate the UI.X Add-On to regain functionality of your board."

There was no addon in the download file, so I'm a little stumped.

EDIT: Oops, silly me - I hadn't realised there were 2 different downloads in the member area - I thought it was the same button repeated. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you - bought and installed (web files to the server, xml file imported through "Import style") - but am getting this message beneath the header and the forums:

"Please reinstall or reactivate the UI.X Add-On to regain functionality of your board."

There was no addon in the download file, so I'm a little stumped.
Hiya, not a problem @ibrian. You are able to download the UI.X add-on by clicking the green download button in your account dashboard on themehouse.com. After downloading that go ahead and upload it to your forum. After you do that follow the instructions shown here on our documentation on installing the UI.X add-on here.

I know you've put up documentation on the UI.X framework here: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix/getting-started-with-uix

However, I'm struggling to figure out how to have the sidebar appear left on all pages, and how to allow users to collapse the sidebar. Any pointers gratefully appreciated. :)
Hello, you can find out more on the [UI.X] Sidebar by reading this documentation here: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix/sidebar To allow users to collapse the sidebar, you would need to allow them to do that in User Group Permissions, look under "[Audentio] UI.X Permissions".

Cheers - yes, got the permissions set for admin while I set up the theme, but there's no collapse option that I can.

The documentation doesn't explain how to fix the sidebar on every page, I'm afraid. I have watched the video walkthrough as well as reading that page.

Is it possible that the Corp theme doesn't allow these?

I did try the Canvas settings - for some reason I can set the Sidebar to the right there, and it will appear on all pages. But setting the option for the sidebar left just leaves it on the homepage. Disabling "Display Left Panel On-Canvas" turns it into a UI.X standard sidebar - but again, only for the homepage.

Cheers - yes, got the permissions set for admin while I set up the theme, but there's no collapse option that I can.

The documentation doesn't explain how to fix the sidebar on every page, I'm afraid. I have watched the video walkthrough as well as reading that page.

Is it possible that the Corp theme doesn't allow these?

I did try the Canvas settings - for some reason I can set the Sidebar to the right there, and it will appear on all pages. But setting the option for the sidebar left just leaves it on the homepage. Disabling "Display Left Panel On-Canvas" turns it into a UI.X standard sidebar - but again, only for the homepage.
Hello, there are two different sidebars on Corp. One is the on-canvas sidebar then the other is the normal sidebar that you see on UI.X. The on-canvas sidebar does not offer a function to collapse it at this time. May I ask what setting is set in normal UI.X for you that allows the sidebar to be seen on every page?

Apologies for the misunderstanding - Hope to hear back from you.

No worries. :)

May I ask what setting is set in normal UI.X for you that allows the sidebar to be seen on every page?

The nearest I've managed to get is in the Canvas settings - I can get a navigation menu to display on the right, left, or both - on every page simply by selecting "Navigation" in the panel type, for left or right, and select to display Panel On-Canvas.

However, if I select "Sidebar" for either position, the only time it appears is on the forum homepage.

In the Canvas options, if I select "Navigation" or "Visitor Tabs" for the panel type, they will show on every page, regardless of where in the forums I am - which is what I want.

However, whenever I select "Sidebar" for that option, it will only show on the homepage.

Also, there appears to be an issue with choosing "Navigation Tabs" for the left-hand side, as there's a doubling of icons and two scrollbars at the top left:

corp-metro.webp

In the Canvas options, if I select "Navigation" or "Visitor Tabs" for the panel type, they will show on every page, regardless of where in the forums I am - which is what I want.

However, whenever I select "Sidebar" for that option, it will only show on the homepage.

Also, there appears to be an issue with choosing "Navigation Tabs" for the left-hand side, as there's a doubling of icons and two scrollbars at the top left:

View attachment 163562
Oh wow, I'll go ahead and report this now. Thank you for reporting it, it will be added to our GitHub Issue Tracker.

Still doesn't work properly:

- Sidebar only appears on the homepage, no matter if selected for the left or right, when viewed on a desktop.

- also, the issue I reported with the doubling of icons as above is still a problem, so the Visitor Tabs cannot be used on the left-hand side.

I'm still a little narked I bought this theme: it promised a lot, especially greater flexibility with sidebars - which was exactly what I wanted - but even after I reported problems with those three months ago, this function still appears to remain broken.

Having an issue with this on my other site where CTA feature slider is not showing up on forum home. The slider works fine on my other custom styles.

a couple more Q's
1. I want the sidebar as "off-canvas" on mobile but show as legacy on desktop...but can't seem to figure it out.
2. The favicon only shows up on the forums_list page. When in any other part of the forum the favicon disappears.

Last edited:
Not sure if asked already but having trouble trying to show alerts in the navigation beside their respective icons. Even when “Inline navigation alert balloon” ticked. The alerts only show in the user account drop down menu.

Last edited:
Top Bottom