Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Love this style, I downloaded and installed the update. The style however does not have a traditional "header."

My question: how can I add a full header without damaging the style when viewed on various devices? And would the header adapt to the size of the view (desktop vs laptop vs tablet vs smartphone)?

Where would I make that change?

Many thanks!

Andre

Not sure I follow, the style itself comes shipped with the navigation above the logo block but I think you've already changed that back to the default XF setup. It looks like you have an appropriate setup on your main style, what exactly do you want changed there.

Hi Russ, thing is that I customized a lot over the past 2 years, and I'm trying to start from scratch. When I look at the site in boxed version, I'm happy about what is there. But many people use the "full-width" and when I check it on mobile, the logo is not properly centered, and the ads also don't follow the margin. Seems to also happen in boxed version on mobile. I don't even know what to edit anymore, I spend hours trying to track down the logo, the header proxy, etc. I thought maybe starting over with a fresh copy could fix that. Am I right?

Or is there a cheat sheet I could use that would direct me to the right template I need to edit?

That's what happens when you customize a lot and don't work with Xenforo all year round... :(

Last edited:
Hi Russ, thing is that I customized a lot over the past 2 years, and I'm trying to start from scratch. When I look at the site in boxed version, I'm happy about what is there. But many people use the "full-width" and when I check it on mobile, the logo is not properly centered, and the ads also don't follow the margin. Seems to also happen in boxed version on mobile. I don't even know what to edit anymore, I spend hours trying to track down the logo, the header proxy, etc. I thought maybe starting over with a fresh copy could fix that. Am I right?

Or is there a cheat sheet I could use that would direct me to the right template I need to edit?

That's what happens when you customize a lot and don't work with Xenforo all year round... :(

Any reason you're starting from scratch?

The logo property is controlled in mainly two places... Style Properties -> Header and Navigation, you can adjust the height of the logo here and adjust the height.

Next Style Properties -> [XB] Header and Navigation -> Logo Block CSS and Logo Block PageContent.

LogoBlockCSS can be used to set a background image/color across the entire logo area. LogoBlock Page Content is used to set an image/color on the logo block but the max-width of your overall pagewidth.

Boxed version, are you referring too our custom boxed version or just a fixed width of the style?

Hi Russ, sorry, going through heavy stuff here, my brain has a hard time processing some technical things...

Boxed = Fixed width, yes.

The reason I thought I should start over from scratch is that I assumed I basically broke the style due to all the customization. Which caused issues of responsiveness on mobile. But it looks like I've been able to correct some of the gaps created by paddings or margins, but it's still needing some tweaking. So, I won't be starting from scratch just yet. Thank God!

Since I'm using a child theme off of Core, if I upload the updated Xenbase on my live site, and then Core, is that enough to update the style? Or will it break my style?

Thanks for the tips, I'll tinker a bit more and hopefully this will be it.

Russ updated Core - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

Large XenBase Update

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 1.5.13 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your licenses area.

This is a rather large XenBase focusing primarily on the back end organization, bug fixes and just a general clean up. We aim to keep each release as easy as possible to upgrade but with this version we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Russ, sorry, going through heavy stuff here, my brain has a hard time processing some technical things...

Boxed = Fixed width, yes.

The reason I thought I should start over from scratch is that I assumed I basically broke the style due to all the customization. Which caused issues of responsiveness on mobile. But it looks like I've been able to correct some of the gaps created by paddings or margins, but it's still needing some tweaking. So, I won't be starting from scratch just yet. Thank God!

Since I'm using a child theme off of Core, if I upload the updated Xenbase on my live site, and then Core, is that enough to update the style? Or will it break my style?

Thanks for the tips, I'll tinker a bit more and hopefully this will be it.

Yes when updating you only import and overwrite the xenbase style and core parent, never your child style. Export your styles first before overwriting anything so you have a backup to go back too.

Hello,

first of all - wonderful theme! Congrats! :)

My question: where can i edit the color of the complete category-background?

Best regards!

Attachments

• coreblack.webp
    coreblack.webp
    12 KB · Views: 7
Those can be changed globally via: Style Properties -> Core Properties, we use a simple gradient there which you can set to your own liking.

Additionally, those blocks are controlled: Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> Sub Heading, the misc box we're calling our custom property "coreGradient"

The sidebars: Style Properties -> Sidebar -> Block Headings

Top Bottom