XF 1.5 Convert Wordpress users to Xenforo

syllogic

Hi guys,

I have set up a new Xenforo forum on the same server as my Wordpress website. I want to convert just my existing Wordpress users to XF. No posts or other content, just the users.

I've been looking for a way to do this but I am lost in a sea of (old) posts on this forum, an unkept add-on endless Google search results. So I am going to ask for help here.

I understand it's a two step process. Convert to one of the forum solutions for which there is an importer. I found this great post on how to do it from vB using impex. However, that requires a vB license which goes for $249.

My questions:

1. Which of the remaining supported forum solutions can I use to import my Wordpress users into and then export to Xenforo?
  • IP.Board 3.1, 3.2/3.3, 3.4, and 4.0/4.1
  • phpBB 3.0.x, 3.1.x
  • MyBB 1.6/1.8
  • SMF 2.0
2. Does anybody have clear instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!
Syl

Hi Brogan,

Thanks for your reply. However, I am hoping for some folks out here that have done it before me (must be lots of them) to share their secrets. Just curious, since Wordpress is massive these days, why doesn't XF offer an official converter?

Thanks again!
Syl

There are "bridge" add-ons that may (or may not, in my experience) share users between the two systems. But with Wordpress not being a forum (outside of bbPress), there would not be a direct import option.

I did assist in a bbPress import, and had to go through vB first and also do a lot of custom scripts to clean things up, like the sloppy BBcode bbPress posts had in them. It was so long ago that I did not save any of the scripts (as it's something I never want to encounter again ;) ).

IPS 4.1.x series will convert the following:

WordPress 4.x
  • Members
  • Pages
  • Categories
  • Articles
  • Tags
  • Comments
  • Media
You could then do a 2 stage import. I don't know the quality of the importer - I know I had some issues with one of their other ones.

Top Bottom