Conversations: functionality to organize the inbox / conversation folders

Grover

Bytheway... I totally love the fact that there are no 'sent items' (or ditto folder for that matter) at all anymore. Every single reply in a conversation is combined into 1 single conversation 'thread'... the thought that has been put into this refreshing communication system is just great.

If stuff like this is any sign of what is to come in the future, then really I will not recommend XenForo to any more people... because they will have the same awesome platform I am on! ;)

Kidding aside, with such a great system available I believe I am going to use it more on my own platforms (I disabled the PM system on vBulletin all together for myself, with good reason). With XF I do want to use it more as a communication means for contacting both staff and members, so I think it would be handy if this system in the future would come with added functionality to organize the list of conversations.

Not sure what is the best way (folders or labels) and I do realize the conversations-area of XenForo is not a full fledged email-client, but I sure love the fact that in Outlook for example you can flag (different colours) an email, so it's very easy to see at a glance which emails you've flagged as important and what tasks are still open or which ones are already scrapped from the 'to-do-list'. And sure there are more ideas to organize it all.

In the current state of XF the Conversations list is one big overview with no means to sort/label/flag/structure the contents. So it's completely unorganized. Making it harder to find things back (there's also no search, is there?) and work with it efficiently.

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo

Upvote 48
a. I agree about the conversations being much, much better than having a bunch of separate PMs to attempt to dig through. :)

b. Does the little blue dot appear when you have an unread conversation in the list? If not, perhaps you could use those (in different colors) to sort them...or flags, like you said...or maybe even "nodes" like the forum list? hmm

Bytheway... I totally love the fact that there are no 'sent items' (or ditto folder for that matter) at all anymore. Every single reply in a conversation is combined into 1 single conversation 'thread'... the thought that has been put into this refreshing communication system is just great.

Agreed.

Not sure what is the best way (folders or labels) and I do realize the conversations-area of XenForo is not a full fledged email-client, but I sure love the fact that in Outlook for example you can flag (different colours) an email, so it's very easy to see at a glance which emails you've flagged as important and what tasks are still open or which ones are already scrapped from the 'to-do-list'. And sure there are more ideas to organize it all.

In the current state of XF the Conversations list is one big overview with no means to sort/label/flag/structure the contents. So it's completely unorganized. Making it harder to find things back (there's also no search, is there?) and work with it efficiently.

After I made this suggestion the wonderful Xenforo introduced Thread prefixes. So since this great functionality is now already there for threads, I would like to suggest to extend this functionality to PC's (why is it actually called 'Conversations' instead of 'Personal/Private Conversations', I can not remember?) as well.

I would be happy if we have this in XenForo:
You have another folder for the archived conversations. To get the conversations in it you can click on a button in the conversation like "Archive conversation" or over the conversation selection.

Advanced things would be a own sort system, like create folders and filters. (Filter = move converastions in folder X after X days)

Seems this is an old thread but yes the conversation threads are great. It would be even better if we could organise those threads in folders or with tags/labels.
Maybe a way to mark the conversation threads, like flag them or highlight them to define them against others in the list.

Just needs some way to organise them a bit.

Seems this is an old thread but yes the conversation threads are great. It would be even better if we could organise those threads in folders or with tags/labels.
Maybe a way to mark the conversation threads, like flag them or highlight them to define them against others in the list.

Just needs some way to organise them a bit.
You need to like the first post in a suggestion thread to show support for it. :)

Top Bottom