Conversation Monitor [Deleted]

Conversation monitor has keywords monitors. When the keyword is used then a predefined user posts a new thread in a predefined forum.
In the conversation monitor options you can set the user. Lets say this is userA.
Now userB sends a covnersation message with the keyword in it.
Therefore userA will post a new thread with the conversation message of userB in it. The IP of userB is used for the post by userA.
Therefore the IP of userB will be attributed to the account of userA and will come up when the function shared IP-s is used.
/members/membername.1/shared-ips
Thanks for reporting the bug.

The link to the conversation in the report does not work. it has this format:
/conversations/1234/?conversation_user_id=12#message-456
It always leads to an error.

So now we only know that something is wrong but we cannot find the context.
Previously I used the read conversations addon for this, but since we have a welcome conversation for new members the list of conversations is polluted by hundreds of welcome conversations per day.

I would like to suggest to include a admincp conversation search.

The link to the conversation in the report does not work. it has this format:
/conversations/1234/?conversation_user_id=12#message-456
It always leads to an error.

So now we only know that something is wrong but we cannot find the context.
Previously I used the read conversations addon for this, but since we have a welcome conversation for new members the list of conversations is polluted by hundreds of welcome conversations per day.

I would like to suggest to include a admincp conversation search.
@Xon, it's working for us. Is that because we have the addon which allows moderators to view any conversation?

We get a lot of reports which we then need to review. Many of these reports are by members who are of good intent but who cross the line or wander into sketchy territory out of ignorance.

It would save us a lot of time if conversations would have a similar function like Upwork has. if you type contact details in an Upwork conversation then the system displays you a text about site protocol.
Similarly, it would be really helpful if the user would get a warning text about site rules or protocol, and has to click:
Are you sure you want to continue? YES /NO
And only show this warning to members once. (Else they will keep trying until they figure out what keywords are used)
Then file the report.
I believe that this would avoid a lot of reports that could be prevented.

Also: its quite problematic that we cannot delete offending conversation messages. Now we get a report about problematic content, but can do much besides warn. Even on warning the offending content remains.
Only in the case of a full spammer we can use the spam cleaner which resolves it.

We get a lot of reports which we then need to review. Many of these reports are by members who are of good intent but who cross the line or wander into sketchy territory out of ignorance.

It would save us a lot of time if conversations would have a similar function like Upwork has. if you type contact details in an Upwork conversation then the system displays you a text about site protocol.
Similarly, it would be really helpful if the user would get a warning text about site rules or protocol, and has to click:
Are you sure you want to continue? YES /NO
And only show this warning to members once. (Else they will keep trying until they figure out what keywords are used)
Then file the report.
I believe that this would avoid a lot of reports that could be prevented.

Also: its quite problematic that we cannot delete offending conversation messages. Now we get a report about problematic content, but can do much besides warn. Even on warning the offending content remains.
Only in the case of a full spammer we can use the spam cleaner which resolves it.
A notification when sending a new private message is beyond the scope of this addon. This addon simply monitors messages when they are sent.
What you might do is edit the new message template to add some text into the new message form.

Can this or another addon impose volume thresholds? An alert when a user sends a specific volume of messages or other spam type detection?

I'm encountering a bug that has plagued my site for a long time and now I finally know what is going on.
This software posts to a forum and also lists the offending message in the moderation queue. This duplication is not needed. So I turned off the forum and removed the username. Then the error started appearing:
If someone triggers this software then they get an error 'enter a valid name' which of course confuses members a lot. It blocks them from sending a conversation.

Top Bottom