Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Next version with categories, a Post Rating importer and other improvements will hopefully be out soon. I'm hopeful I'll be able to focus more on XF2 add-on work in the coming few months.

This is really good news.

Can I just confirm something in regard to the importer?

Will all users Post ratings score be imported? so there is

1. a score of all ratings assigned as positive.
  2. individual ratings scores
Affinity PhotoScreenshot001.webp

If this is the case and the importer is definitely on the cards to be available soon, I will go ahead and buy this addon for my xf2 test forum as it looks like the best option of any other ratings addon. I also know from your other addons I've bought that support is better than some other developers.

The plan is that this add-on will be a super-set of Post Rating's functionality, and will import everything over without loss.

Thanks, in order to import, will I need to have not uninstalled Post Ratings from xf1 before upgrading to 2, or can it be imported from a database (either downloaded or on my server still)

Thanks, in order to import, will I need to have not uninstalled Post Ratings from xf1 before upgrading to 2, or can it be imported from a database (either downloaded or on my server still)
Currently nothing is imported, but it does advertise itself as a replacement of Post Ratings meaning you need to "upgrade" Post Ratings to the Content Ratings. This behaviour will be removed in the next release so you install Content Ratings and then run an XF importer.

Currently nothing is imported, but it does advertise itself as a replacement of Post Ratings meaning you need to "upgrade" Post Ratings to the Content Ratings.

Sorry, I'm not understanding that quite.

Do you mean we can currently upgrade Post ratings to Content Ratings in xf1 , then upgrade to xf 2?

you need to "upgrade" Post Ratings to the Content Ratings.

I'm about to buy this but just wanted to double check what is meant by that.

If I still have post ratings installed (but disabled) on xf2 it will upgrade to Content ratings and all the ratings and stats will then show up again?

Thanks.

This is not yet supported, but I intent to get that functionality out within 2-3 weeks.

Installing on my test site, surprisingly what I got was only the option to upgrade post ratings. When I click on that I got this error:

Code:
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 174
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 35
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 46
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 69
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/AddOn/AbstractSetup.php at line 190
XF\AddOn\AbstractSetup->query() in src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Setup.php at line 143
SV\ContentRatings\Setup->upgrade1000023Step1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 117
SV\ContentRatings\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 74
SV\ContentRatings\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 433
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1852
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

OK, uninstalled Post Ratings and then it installed, I didn't realise I would have to do that.

But I'm scratching my head over what to do, is there some instructions anywhere?

What to do with what exactly?

How to get it working basically.

I created a rating with an image icon, but it doesn't show up under the post.

I have seen the style properties but no idea how it all works, so I was hoping there is some documentation that tells you what to do.

I also just noticed that with Content ratings, not only do I not see the ratings I added, but the default "like" has disappeared. I'm sure I am just missing a setting somewhere, hence my request for some documentation.

I also just noticed that with Content ratings, not only do I not see the ratings I added, but the default "like" has disappeared. I'm sure I am just missing a setting somewhere, hence my request for some documentation.
It looks like the install process didn't work properly. Can you uninstall the add-on and re-install it?

I currently have a major update to this add-on in progress, but it isn't ready yet.

Tried reinstalling, same thing. Likes disappear until I disable the addon, same DEBUG message in options.

I now get the error:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: No template type was provided. Provide template name in type:name format. src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1148
Generated by: Pete Thomas Nov 9, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'No template typ...', '/home/caf/xf2.c...', 1148, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1148): trigger_error('No template typ...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Option/AbstractOption.php(92): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('sv_contentratin...', Array)
#3 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Option/Redis.php(34): XF\Option\AbstractOption::getTemplate('sv_contentratin...', Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Option), Array, Array)
#4 [internal function]: SV\ContentRatings\Option\Redis::renderOption(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/Option.php(75): call_user_func(Array, Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\Option->renderDisplayCallback(Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(878): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(194): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Option), 'renderDisplayCa...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(601): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(478): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(601): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_list.php(64): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1170): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('option_list', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Option\\Listi...', 'admin:option_li...', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(1852): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#21 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#22 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "/admin.php?options/groups/sv_contentratings/"
  ["referrer"] => string(48) "https://xxxxx.com/admin.php?options/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/groups/sv_contentratings/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Mr Lucky You should just need to update to the above version and will hopefully be fixed.

Various front-end improvements, user criteria, rating categories, and various front-end integration will likely be done soon. The import will then need to be written to handle Post Ratings after that is released

Yes, working now (i.e. I see the ratings) but I still get the same DEBUG with red X in options and the template error as above.

Top Bottom