Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Your probably right but I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to getting things right. I like it to work on the back-end too. Interesting idea with calc though. That's quite interesting. I didn't think about it like that. :unsure:

The problem with styling on the server is that you can never cater for the unknown needs of the user. Just look at the requests in the last 24 hours for how folks want the bar to be rendered. So, in my mind, I'd always present data to the front end with a view to final style being configured in CSS. And by that I mean positional CSS, not color etc.

Anyways, each to their own.

Meanwhile, I mocked your requirement up on Codepen. Self explanatory I hope and shows how easy it is to show likes as a % of bar width. You need to set --upperBound which controls the % of bar rendered in green. Not tested to any great degree, but just there in case @Xon would consider rendering bar data in this way, at least as an option, allowing folks greater control of how it appears.

https://codepen.io/Patagonian/pen/Pevvzd

With some more thought, this could cater for most requirements I feel.

The problem with styling on the server is that you can never cater for the unknown needs of the user. Just look at the requests in the last 24 hours for how folks want the bar to be rendered. So, in my mind, I'd always present data to the front end with a view to final style being configured in CSS. And by that I mean positional CSS, not color etc.

Anyways, each to their own.

Meanwhile, I mocked your requirement up on Codepen. Self explanatory I hope and shows how easy it is to show likes as a % of bar width. You need to set --upperBound which controls the % of bar rendered in green. Not tested to any great degree, but just there in case @Xon would consider rendering bar data in this way, at least as an option, allowing folks greater control of how it appears.

https://codepen.io/Patagonian/pen/Pevvzd

With some more thought, this could cater for most requirements I feel.

Your reasoning doesn't make much sense. A template edit is easy in my opinion and while this may be a fix for some people, it's not the correct way to do it and is just "a trick up the sleeve" if you will. You can always get around things that way but it's still not the correct way to do it. Regardless of using CSS, Xenforo 2 is a php platform and XF syntax works against this. Someone might find this useful however I was just trying to say that I prefer to edit the template because it works like it's supposed to. If I use CSS to add the feature then that's just the easy way out and pointless to render the bar that way when it's just for "show". I want the system to function like it's supposed to. :P

I want the system to function like it's supposed to. :p

Yeah everybody says that and that's at the root of the problem. Which is why, imco, the sensible route is to provide an API so that the UI is layered on top to suit individual requirements. But it's a big investment by XF and I don't expect individual developers to layer an API on top of their code - it's too much of a job. Meanwhile, folks alter templates.

No stats for CPC sticky threads. I am trying to test one now and presumably it doesn't count if I keep clicking on itn myself. I just want to test that it becsomes unsticky after the two clicks paid for by my test user.

PS: if somebody here can please click on it, it is here:

https://cafesaxophone.com/forums/saxophone-teachers/

Also is there a way for the Enable "Advertise here" link for sticky threads to only show in the specific forums for which sticky threads are enabled?

I clicked on cat. Is that the right one? (Sorry on the beach in St Ives, Cornwall ;) )

Btw. Very nice site.

can somebody link me to the installation guide please? all I'm seeing is XF1 import stuff and I'm on XF2? I've got the addon installed but there's only one "like" and no instructions on how to add more? Where are the icons to add like in the preview pics? Is it just me?
tia
Andy

can somebody link me to the installation guide please? all I'm seeing is XF1 import stuff and I'm on XF2? I've got the addon installed but there's only one "like" and no instructions on how to add more? Where are the icons to add like in the preview pics? Is it just me?
tia
Andy
Go to ACP -> Content -> Rating types

From there, you can add more ratings. If you want a bunch of default ones, click the "..." dropdown and select "Add default rating types".

Reactions: Xon
Hello,
How to replace the "Rating" word by Font icon in the Postbit info section ?

View attachment 177211

Thanks
Change the phrase "sv_contentratings_ratings" (phrases can include HTML).

Otherwise edit the template sv_contentratings_macros in the rating_summary macro, and look for;
XML:
<dt title="{{ phrase('sv_contentratings_ratings_received')|for_attr }}">{{ phrase('sv_contentratings_ratings') }}</dt>

@Xon Is it possible to use this system alongside the current Xenforo like system rather than replacing it?

I'd be quite interested in using this for rating hosts of events with Xen Attendo 2.

I know template edits for that would be required but was thinking of having the rating option appear when an event has ended but only for people whom RSVP'd as a basic if perquisite.

This would allow me to essentially gamificate event posting on my forum and promote people to be more active.

Also is it possible to assign trophies depending on how many ratings a user has?

:)

@Xon Is it possible to use this system alongside the current Xenforo like system rather than replacing it?
This add-on extends the Like system (rather than replacing it) and non-supported content types should just end up being default likes.

I'd be quite interested in using this for rating hosts of events with Xen Attendo 2.

I know template edits for that would be required but was thinking of having the rating option appear when an event has ended but only for people whom RSVP'd as a basic if perquisite.
This add-on doesn't explicitly support Xen Attendo 2, so it wouldn't display the rating system bits on that content. It shouldn't be hard to extend it however, but wouldn't be done for free.

Also is it possible to assign trophies depending on how many ratings a user has?
The criteria system is extended, so you should be able to assign trophies.

This add-on extends the Like system (rather than replacing it) and non-supported content types should just end up being default likes.

This add-on doesn't explicitly support Xen Attendo 2, so it wouldn't display the rating system bits on that content. It shouldn't be hard to extend it however, but wouldn't be done for free.

The criteria system is extended, so you should be able to assign trophies.

So default likes don't influence ratings?

One last question.

If I limit ratings to the OP of a thread in a specific node/sub-forum, will users still be able to XF Like everywhere else?

One last question.

If I limit ratings to the OP of a thread in a specific node/sub-forum, will users still be able to XF Like everywhere else?
Limiting a rating to an OP of a thread, applies to all forums the rating can be used in. It doesn't impact other content types however

Not sure if this has been covered here already, or if it is something to do with my computer, but.....

When viewing my forum on Chrome (at 100%), I am seeing the following:
likes.webp

This only shows up like this on Chrome. I even see it in the examples on the first page of this resource. If I take my view on chrome down to 80%, the images show up normally. Looks fine on every other browser.

Not sure if this has been covered here already, or if it is something to do with my computer, but.....

When viewing my forum on Chrome (at 100%), I am seeing the following:
View attachment 177733

This only shows up like this on Chrome. I even see it in the examples on the first page of this resource. If I take my view on chrome down to 80%, the images show up normally. Looks fine on every other browser.
This is a browser issue, and effects XF smilies; https://xenforo.com/community/threads/chrome-66-smilies-broken-when-using-browser-zoom.144739/

You can 'fix' this by using a fixed site (22px) instead of 100% size.

OK I give up! Where's the installation instructions? I've got this installed and have one 'like' icon but need to add the rest but never had v1 so can't import anything and am stuck. Can you point me in the right direction please? All I'm finding is about importing from v1!

OK I give up! Where's the installation instructions? I've got this installed and have one 'like' icon but need to add the rest but never had v1 so can't import anything and am stuck. Can you point me in the right direction please? All I'm finding is about importing from v1!
In the adminCP, Content => Rating Types, there should be a "Add Default Rating Types" button (when you only have 1 rating type). There is also a "..." dropdown menu with more options, which include a link for "Add Default Rating Types"

Top Bottom