Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Nope! That should happen? Talking about the reactions displayed under posts. Not sure if it makes any difference, but the version of the addon we have installed is a bit old. Going to upgrade to latest now.

Nope! That should happen? Talking about the reactions displayed under posts. Not sure if it makes any difference, but the version of the addon we have installed is a bit old. Going to upgrade to latest now.
I believe this functionality has been there since 2019.

Check your permissions for each usergroup as well.

There is a permission to gate access to the list of users who have given reactions on a piece of content, ensure this has been granted as expected if you are upgrading from a very old version.

@Xon

When there are multiple categories of ratings, the ratings are sorted first by category and only then by the amount of ratings. We need an option to always sort them first by the amount of ratings. Is this doable somehow currently? If not, could you add an option for it?

That currently isn't supported. you can change the ordering of categories however.

I'm tapped out development time-wise this month, so I'm not going to have too much time to look into this.

Yea, the ordering of the categories doesn't help us in this instance. Coming from XF1 our users are used to seeing the ratings sorted by the amount of ratings and can't get used to this being different now. Sorting by number of ratings is being used as a tool to determine the tone of the posts, so when it's not available, it's throwing off their normal usage. We have a bunch of forums where the ratings are used very extensively, so this is pretty important for us. When you find the time, would you consider adding this option?

Exception: Could not find class SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Thread when attempting to extend XF\Entity\Thread src/XF/Extension.php:176

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(55): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Entity\\Threa...')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:Thread')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(774): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure('XF:Thread')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(659): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join('Thread', true, false, false)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(149): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with(Array)
#5 src/XF/App.php(2735): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:Post', 6096618, Array)
#6 src/XF/Attachment/AbstractHandler.php(87): XF\App->findByContentType('post', 6096618, Array)
#7 src/XF/Entity/Attachment.php(58): XF\Attachment\AbstractHandler->getContainerEntity(6096618)
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(31): XF\Entity\Attachment->canView(NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Attachment', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

xception: Could not find class SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\User when attempting to extend XF\Entity\User src/XF/Extension.php:176

Stack Trace

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(55): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Entity\\User')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:User')
#2 src/XF/Repository/User.php(86): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure('XF:User')
#3 src/XF/Repository/User.php(32): XF\Repository\User->getGuestUser()
#4 src/XF/App.php(1921): XF\Repository\User->getVisitor(NULL, Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(158): XF\App->getVisitorFromSession(Object(XF\Session\Session))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2349): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Exception: Could not find class SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\Thread when attempting to extend XF\Entity\Thread src/XF/Extension.php:176

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(55): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Entity\\Threa...')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:Thread')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(774): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure('XF:Thread')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(659): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join('Thread', true, false, false)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(149): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with(Array)
#5 src/XF/App.php(2735): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:Post', 6096618, Array)
#6 src/XF/Attachment/AbstractHandler.php(87): XF\App->findByContentType('post', 6096618, Array)
#7 src/XF/Entity/Attachment.php(58): XF\Attachment\AbstractHandler->getContainerEntity(6096618)
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(31): XF\Entity\Attachment->canView(NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Attachment', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

xception: Could not find class SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\User when attempting to extend XF\Entity\User src/XF/Extension.php:176

Stack Trace

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(55): XF\Extension->extendClass('XF\\Entity\\User')
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:User')
#2 src/XF/Repository/User.php(86): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure('XF:User')
#3 src/XF/Repository/User.php(32): XF\Repository\User->getGuestUser()
#4 src/XF/App.php(1921): XF\Repository\User->getVisitor(NULL, Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(158): XF\App->getVisitorFromSession(Object(XF\Session\Session))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2349): XF\Pub\App->start(true)
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}
Was this during an update?
Did you upload all the files?

Ok then, let me rephrase that and be more specific...

We are looking to incorporate a reputation system into our large forum with ten million posts.

Is this add on stable/credible and bug free and will the developer be getting this add on ready for XF 2.3 so we don't have any issues when it gets released?

Last thing we want is to get our members used to the feature for a few months, then have to remove it because the developer has no interest in making it 2.3 ready.

Our goal is to give the people who come to our forum looking for targeted help, some faith/confidence in their decision to follow advice from the person giving it. If someone has a sick or dying friend or family member and someone with poor reputation status gives advice, you'd much rather go with advice from someone with a better ranking to ensure you actually got good feedback and advice.

We hope this will also help people who give poor advice to tighten up and start giving better advice, otherwise people won't listen to anything they say. In theory, it should help to motivate people to do better, without us having to intervene.

Do you think this add on is for us, or is there something even better available?

Thank you for your feedback and advice, we are truly grateful.

Yes, I plan to support all my add-ons on XF2.3+

As my add-ons don't also implement any features that XF2.3 implements, it should be expected to work. When a feature does clash it may take me a little while to rearchitect on top of the stock feature. But this add-on has been quite stable, and I don't see it being effected by the XF2.3 transition.

Reactions: 420
Reactions not showing up on the Members profile

I have had a few members report that a member has been giving out lots of reactions, and yet when I look at their member profile there are no reactions shown.
This only applies if the member has never made a post.

Is this a bug with your Add-On or is it a bug with the core Xenforo?

Has anyone else had this reported to them?
I am sure it has applied to a few of my members that have not yet posted a comment.

What is this addon for? The reaction already exists in XF 2.2, so the addon makes little sense to you..

What is this addon for? The reaction already exists in XF 2.2, so the addon makes little sense to you..
This add-on is to reactions to what reactions were to likes.

It adds more depth and functionality, while carrying out the same tasks.

Top Bottom