Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I have Content Ratings version 2.0.5 installed on our sandbox.
I need to do a test run on the bulk sql importer from the Post Ratings system.
There are 2,802,440 rows in the dark_postrating table.
The XF1 ratings have been set up to use the following ratings:
1.webp
The sandbox has been set up to mirror this:
2.webp

However, when I come to run the bulk SQL import, 5 out of the 8 existing reactions are not given as options in the drop-down list

3.webp

What do I do, please?

@Stuart Wright it looks like it has been confused on the naming of the old reactions (Post Reactions has some bugs I think in how the names where stored). I may need to push a version which adds some more context so you can tell when the phrased name doesn't match the hard coded name which is sometime used.

Additionally; the importer will create un-mapped reaction definitions so existing reactions are not lost but the reaction name may be left weird

Doing our upgrade for real now via the CLI and rebuilding the "user give reaction counts" is ridiculously slow still. I expect this to take over a day to complete at the current rate :-(

And how do I remove the numbers but leave the bar? I can only seem to have neither or both.

I want to keep the bar but remove the "reaction score".

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 14.03.28.webp

Doing our upgrade for real now via the CLI and rebuilding the "user give reaction counts" is ridiculously slow still. I expect this to take over a day to complete at the current rate :-(
Yeah it is fairly slow, not much I can do about that :(

@Xon is it safe to for our forum to be open and being used while those reaction counts are rebuilt? or does it need to be kept closed?
Well beyond for users whinging about their reaction numbers being wrong. It should be fine to have the board opem.

And how do I remove the numbers but leave the bar? I can only seem to have neither or both.

I want to keep the bar but remove the "reaction score".

View attachment 209901
There should be an option under the "message postbit" style properties to disable the reaction score. Otherwise I'll need to find some time to kick it a bit

Thanks.

It just finished but took overnight using the CLI. I hate to think how long it'd take for a bigger board like @Stuart's.

Message user info elements has this:
Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 10.02.45.png

If I untick Reaction Scores it doesn't show the bar either. That's consistent with the description:

Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 10.04.30.png

but it shows both the score text and the bar as I posted above. I just wanted the bar to be shown and I don't think that currently works?

So I thought I had everything rebuilt but there was a waiting rebuild in my ACP and that's now doing: Rebuilding... Reaction data - Post (4300456)

The annoying thing is that it's also generating tons of report threads as we have it setup to post in our report forum if a post has more than 10 negative ratings.

I'm assuming none of this is intentional and it's a one-off from the big upgrade to the reaction system?

Yes, it would be the result of the big upgrade interacting with the auto-report behaviour. I'ld recommend disabling the auto-report behaviour until the rebuild finishes.

Thanks.

It just finished but took overnight using the CLI. I hate to think how long it'd take for a bigger board like @Stuart's.

Message user info elements has this:
View attachment 209942

If I untick Reaction Scores it doesn't show the bar either. That's consistent with the description:

View attachment 209943

but it shows both the score text and the bar as I posted above. I just wanted the bar to be shown and I don't think that currently works?
Will need to look into that then

Sorry, something else we noticed. The widgets we have to show the "most liked posts" are no longer displaying. Do they conflict with this addon somehow or is there something new we need to do?

Edit: Ah that's not core but on of @DL6's addons - Popular threads and posts

I been trying to figure this addon out was thinking you can give multiple reactions but all I can see is like or choose one in particular?

I'm happy with default XF 2.1 reactions but would like the menu in-lined into the ratings bar. Can I do that with this addon without changing anything else and keeping existing XF 2.1 reaction types and scores without any other changes?
Actually i'm looking for that only :)
But it will be different add-on i though.
(Show rating bar based on xf 2.1 default reaction point system)

I been trying to figure this addon out was thinking you can give multiple reactions but all I can see is like or choose one in particular?
That is no supported.

Sorry, something else we noticed. The widgets we have to show the "most liked posts" are no longer displaying. Do they conflict with this addon somehow or is there something new we need to do?

Edit: Ah that's not core but on of @DL6's addons - Popular threads and posts
This sounds like a 3rd party add-on which hasn't been updated for XF2.1

You can mostly do that; it would require fiddling with the style properties and may require some minor template modifications

The add-on ships with a fair chunk of style properties, they should have descriptive names and descriptions.

Showing the reaction bar without the reaction score isn't working atm.

I'm happy with default XF 2.1 reactions but would like the menu in-lined into the ratings bar. Can I do that with this addon without changing anything else and keeping existing XF 2.1 reaction types and scores without any other changes?

You can mostly do that; it would require fiddling with the style properties and may require some minor template modifications
Anyone have like that implement before on style properties and template modifications who may help about that ?

Next version will decouple "Display message user info reaction counts as a bar" style property from requiring "Message user info elements" to have "Reaction score" set. Just chasing down some other to-do items before it can be released

Next version will decouple "Display message user info reaction counts as a bar" style property from requiring "Message user info elements" to have "Reaction score" set. Just chasing down some other to-do items before it can be released
Perfect news! Waiting on the line. But;
It is bad news for me although I just use that implement with paying the full add-on price. It is bad news and not Fair for me.

may be you can share that css style edits in here for free 🧐

Recountedas suggested and I still don't really understand how Reaction Score works. We have various positive reactions now and I've run the recount but the Reaction Score still just seems to be the number of Likes and ignores the other reactions. Does something else need recounting?

Top Bottom