Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Thanks to Xon for the hard work to allow this to work in the latest versions of XF.

I'm on XF v2.1.3 and have just installed the latest version of Content Ratings. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have been installed properly as I'm missing the Content Ratings admin menu item.

Grateful for any thoughts?

Content_Ratings.webp

What happens to existing Xenforo 2.1 reactions when this addon is installed? Do they remain?

I'm happy with default XF 2.1 reactions but would like the menu in-lined into the ratings bar. Can I do that with this addon without changing anything else and keeping existing XF 2.1 reaction types and scores without any other changes?

Yes, existing reactions (configuration and user reacted content) stays the same. There are some minor styling issues around the small vs large reaction styling which I plan to work on in the next week or so

Yes, existing reactions (configuration and user reacted content) stays the same. There are some minor styling issues around the small vs large reaction styling which I plan to work on in the next week or so

If I install this addon and uninstall at a later date, will my reactions remain intact? Or will my members lose their reaction points?

With the XF2.1+ version; uninstalling does not remove user data. There are some summary count columns, but XF doesn't show these so rebuilding if you install again isn't an issue

There are some minor styling issues around the small vs large reaction styling which I plan to work on in the next week or so

@Xon I do have a suggestion when it comes to styling. Could you create a Default and Advanced mode? Default would be the default Xenforo styling for reactions, and the Advanced one - whatever you think it's best for styling.

This may already have been mentioned, but after selecting and removing a rating on iPhone X, the ratings go from Retina display of the 2x icon to a non Retina display of those icons so they suddenly show much larger. My workaround now is to leave the 2x image replacement blank, but that makes them fuzzy on the Retina display.

2F6E4DD4-FE30-4FA9-9351-F43564682430.png C82032A6-2FF0-45A6-9D58-4A2E325A1F2B.png B55E6748-9ADE-46A8-BFF7-0D3049A884B2.png

Rebuilding user given reaction counts seems to progress much faster when installing the addon via browser as compared with installing the addon via command line interface. Is that expected? I installed via browser on my smaller sites with less existing reactions but used the CLI for my larger site.

One more thing, a user pointed out that in Edge on Win 10, he is getting two overlapping popups with hover, where the second one pops up a half second after the first. His screenshot:

screenshot.gif

This may already have been mentioned, but after selecting and removing a rating on iPhone X, the ratings go from Retina display of the 2x icon to a non Retina display of those icons so they suddenly show much larger. My workaround now is to leave the 2x image replacement blank, but that makes them fuzzy on the Retina display.

View attachment 207915 View attachment 207914 View attachment 207916
This is a known issue I've been meaning to fix.

Rebuilding user given reaction counts seems to progress much faster when installing the addon via browser as compared with installing the addon via command line interface. Is that expected? I installed via browser on my smaller sites with less existing reactions but used the CLI for my larger site.
This is rather unexpected. It is literally the same code. I'm not sure what would cause it.

One more thing, a user pointed out that in Edge on Win 10, he is getting two overlapping popups with hover, where the second one pops up a half second after the first. His screenshot:

View attachment 207921
Will look into that, I suspect it might be an unexpected 'alt' tag somewhere.

This is rather unexpected. It is literally the same code. I'm not sure what would cause it.

Is there any harm to leaving my forum open while rebuilding user given reaction counts via CLI? I think it's gonna take a long, long time for it to finish. Has been going all morning and only is up to 14119. The web browser interface did several thousand in a few minutes on my other site.

EDIT: A few hours later, it is up to 32097. Is there any way for me to tell how many total there will be? If it's gonna be a few hundred thousand, I'd like to terminate the CLI and try again from the web browser interface.

EDIT: I terminated to CLI process and rebuild via Admin CP. It worked super fast. Not sure what the problem was via CLI.

EDIT: I was wrong, "user given reaction counts" are rebuilding equally slowly via Admin CP. It was the "user reaction counts" that rebuilt quickly via Admin CP.

Last edited:
Feature request: Have a link at the top of thread saying "Top Rated" that sorts thread post order from most reaction points to least (this should be non-indexable by search engines to prevent duplicate content).

I just noticed that when only one person has reacted to my post, clicking on the rating count doesn't do anything, so I can't tell who left the rating without checking my alerts history. If there is more than one rating, clicking on it brings up the detail.

EDIT: It's only happening on one of my sites and seems to be unrelated to how many people have reacted. I must have a setting wrong.

rating.png

Last edited:
There is a permission to view the reaction list; I thought the defaults permissions (look for [CR] tagged permission names) where setup sanely but hard to tell since it is only happening for one of your sites

There is a permission to view the reaction list; I thought the defaults permissions (look for [CR] tagged permission names) where setup sanely but hard to tell since it is only happening for one of your sites

That was it. I didn't think to look there. Thank you!

This already exists.

You must enable the global "Show ratings on thread list " option, and then in style properties adjust the following settings as required;
  • "Sort Ratings in thread list" (default true)
  • "Limit Ratings in thread list" (default 1)

Hi. Where is the "Global Show Ratings on Thread List" option located???

Oh found it:

yVmYr9W.png

if this might help someone else

Last edited:
Top Bottom