Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
It went in without any issues, but at the moment, I am only seeing the option for a thumbs up. What do I need to set and where?

It went in without any issues, but at the moment, I am only seeing the option for a thumbs up. What do I need to set and where?
In AdminCp => Content => Rating Types, there will either be other ratings disabled/not visible or need to be added by the "add default rating types" button.

Thank you, my kind sir!

ETA: So, I looked where you said, and everything seemed to be in order. To see if it would rebuild/reappear/whatever, I tried disabling and then re-enabling them, and on all of them, I get this error:

Last edited:
Xon updated Content Ratings for XF2.0 with a new update entry:

1.3.11 - Now stable

This version does not support XenForo 2.1

Changes:
  • This update changes the schema of this add-on to allow reactions and reaction types configuration to be kept on upgrading to XenForo 2.1
    • Warning; Upgrading may take time due to migrations required for xf_liked_content.
    • For big boards it is strongly recommend to use the CLI upgrader.
  • In due course, a "Reactions Essentials" will be released which will be a Content Ratings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand what happens with 2.1 compatibility:

• Content Ratings will then work as before.
  • It will also become possible to import into the xenforo reaction system

or is the importer scheduled as a a separate development?

I'm not so bothered about the importer as I will probably continue with Content ratings, I really am enjoying the look and flexibility of it. So for me , getting CR working is more of a priority than the importer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand what happens with 2.1 compatibility:

• Content Ratings will then work as before.
  • It will also become possible to import into the xenforo reaction system
Correct.

or is the importer scheduled as a a separate development?
The importer is basically extracting the current importer into it's own add-on and then duct-taping some rebuild tasks to it.

Hi there! I was trying to install a style by themehouse and while installing I encountered an error and have narrowed it down to this add on.

Line 80: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck. - Template modifications: public:message_macros

I was able to install the style by disabling the add on and enabling again once it was installed. Although not a major issue now that I got a bypass but I’d recommend looking for fix.

@Malcolm M Please report that as a bug in Xenforo, a template modification should just fail to apply instead of blocking the style install.

The importer I've got migrates from the Post Rating format to the XF2.1/Content Rating 1.3.x format, it just has an entire add-on which provides support bits for the importer. The only bits missing for XF2.1 are the reaction cache updates.

I'm hopeful to have time around the new-year to work on migrating this add-on to XF2.1

Spoke with Xenforo, they told me to go back to you guys (style developer and add on developer)
I'll see if there is anything I can do to improve compatibility with Themehouse styles, was this a UI.X style? Otherwise is it is a bespoke solution it will be hard for me to develop a fix.

Given the time of year, it might take some time before I can look at it.

Top Bottom