Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
When is it going to be updated? I still haven't been able to upgrade ruffly a month and a half later. 2.1.1 came out yesterday.
From what I can understand you can upgrade to xf2.1 provides you have the latest content ratings addon installed but disabled when you upgrade

Then content ratings become normal xenforo reactions. You need to check the rating scores manually and rebuild caches with the Andyb addon mentiobed

You will now have xf2.1 with all your previous ratings intact (as xf2 reactions)

When there is a content ratings 2.1 this will then allow your interim reactions to again be ratings

Someone please confirm if this is correct?

Well if you have to buy another addon just to upgrade to 2.1 then yes, something is stopping people from upgrading.
Good point, as I already subscribe to Andy’s entire collection, that didn’t occur to me but I see the issue.

Plus after converting to reactions you have then lost the Content Ratings benefits that you have paid for

From what I can understand you can upgrade to xf2.1 provides you have the latest content ratings addon installed but disabled when you upgrade

Then content ratings become normal xenforo reactions. You need to check the rating scores manually and rebuild caches with the Andyb addon mentiobed

You will now have xf2.1 with all your previous ratings intact (as xf2 reactions)

When there is a content ratings 2.1 this will then allow your interim reactions to again be ratings

Someone please confirm if this is correct?

That's a good idea though unfortunately I don't currently have any money to spend on andy Bs add-on. I will have to wait on @Xon to upgrade but if you can confirm you have done this and it works I may go that route on the 1st of the month. Though it sort of disappoints me that we are talking about it at this point. Is it really that much farther off that an update would be released? I'm not complaining just wondering if that's really the path I'm going to have to take with Andy Bs add-on.

That's a good idea though unfortunately I don't currently have any money to spend on andy Bs add-on. I will have to wait on @Xon to upgrade but if you can confirm you have done this and it works I may go that route on the 1st of the month. Though it sort of disappoints me that we are talking about it at this point. Is it really that much farther off that an update would be released? I'm not complaining just wondering if that's really the path I'm going to have to take with Andy Bs add-on.
I've done a couple of test upgrades and it has worked. I don't like Reactions much so would ideally be with Content Ratings, but I will try the live upgrade tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW were you aware that when you buy a licence for AndyB add-on, you get the whole lot which seems to be hundreds, not just one so it is extremely good value,

I've done a couple of test upgrades and it has worked. I don't like Reactions much so would ideally be with Content Ratings, but I will try the live upgrade tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW were you aware that when you buy a licence for AndyB add-on, you get the whole lot which seems to be hundreds, not just one so it is extremely good value,

Well the main added feature I like about content ratings is it shows the amount given and also if you click the number on the profile page you can see the reaction scores individually. Let me know how it goes. I will decide if there hasn't been an update released by the 1st whether or not to take that route. TBH considering I paid for this add-on I would like to just wait. Just hoping it's not going to be a really long time. I have less than 2 months left before I have to renew this add-on anyway to get updates so on the 1st I'm either going to renew for updates or try your method. Not sure how far off an update is...

You meant all previous likes, not the ratings, right? Otherwise, not sure how the content ratings (which is stored in a separate table) will automatically be XF reactions without an importer in action.

I sort of agree I don't know how that would work either. @Xon seemed to be quite quick to say "that's correct". Likes being imported would happen regardless. But the ratings themselves seems a bit hard to understand.

@Xon to be honest with you I think the professional thing (if your not updating your add-on soon) would be to do is make an importer. Otherwise your leaving your customers out to dry. I have been extremely patient with you. And I'm not trying to be a whiner but this is up to the point where I can't upgrade this far down the road. I pay yearly for Xenforo 2 updates and that $55 payment plus whatever I was going to spend on an extended year of updates to your add-on is pointless if we cannot get a working update.

I have to purchase another year of updates to your add-on within 2 months anyway so you would make money. The point of this reply is not to complain but to convince you that you need to make an importer. Themehouse made an importer for their reaction add-on. Heck they even gave customers a free year of their updated add-on. It's not that I expect you to do each and every little thing perfect but were going on 2 months now that we haven't been able to upgrade. That's 1/6 of a year.

I mean why should I have to buy another add-on (that isn't even guaranteed to work) just to upgrade my site. I may have to resort to praying that @Jake B. and ThemeHouse make an importer to their add-on which they had mentioned they were already looking into.

Plain and simple, just make an importer. Update your add-on when you feel like you are ready but make an importer see we can move on with this. I find myself constantly checking this resource to see if it's been updated and each time it hasn't.

Quantity <> Quality
Yes good quality addons
You meant all previous likes, not the ratings, right? Otherwise, not sure how the content ratings (which is stored in a separate table) will automatically be XF reactions without an importer in action.
including likes.

So each rating (including likes) becomes the same reactions.

I have seven different ratings and after upgrading have the same seven different reactions, sorry if I didn’t make that clear

Yes good quality addons

including likes.

So each rating (including likes) becomes the same reactions.

I have seven different ratings and after upgrading have the same seven different reactions, sorry if I didn’t make that clear

Not really, many fall below the resource standards. Due diligence is needed when using addons that touch the DB.

Top Bottom