Configuring Rekt Homepage [Deleted]

Eric J.

Eric J. submitted a new resource:

Configuring Rekt Homepage - Describes the process of setting up a homepage with Rekt.

With both Rekt and the Widget Framework installed, navigate to Applications -> Create New Node in your ACP. Select Page in the first prompt, then under the Page Options tab in the next prompt paste this code in:

Code:
<xen:include template="rekt_homepage" />

All of the other settings should be up to you, including this template is the only crucial part.

If you'd then like to make this page your default index,...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks. :)

Oh man ...
@Eric J.
Please make your guide complete with a link to the style, so every body know for what this will be. ;) Or better - talk with the Rekt developer @Mike Creuzer to add a FAQ tab directly in the style resource. I think this will help a little bit better, as this mini guide alone. :)

Thanks. :)

Oh man ...
@Eric J.
Please make your guide complete with a link to the style, so every body know for what this will be. ;) Or better - talk with the Rekt developer @Mike Creuzer to add a FAQ tab directly in the style resource. I think this will help a little bit better, as this mini guide alone. :)

I'm sure Mike will add a link here when he gets a chance, but I'll go ahead and link to Rekt here as well. :)

What do I do here. I am not live yet with REKT but I wish to see the home page of course. Thanks!

Screen shot 2015-12-07 at 11.38.25 AM.webp

How do I get this to show? I see the widget but do not know how to make it show? Thanks.

Screen shot 2015-12-07 at 2.26.51 PM.webp

EDIT: Do you have to be a visitor/not logged in to view?

If yes, my site with REKT isn't even viewable to my members yet. How to test/view before making viewable?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still not showing and it's been over an hour. Yes, I have saved widgets (multiple times).

When it does show how do I edit?

Please advise. Thank you!

Screen shot 2015-12-07 at 4.01.27 PM.webp

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say it has cached by now and I still do not see it. Also, tried as a guest and I couldn't even get to the home page.

Secondly, how do I edit it?

Thanks!!

OK. Figured it out on my own. A template name in the widgets was missing. Hopefully that'll be corrected in the next version.

Now I wish to change the forum node icons. When I untick the glyph option I can't get any other nodes to show.

Hi @Mike Creuzer

I've been asked to install this on someone's site. Firstly, is this still supported? If yes, where do I find the widget to import within the zip file?

Thanks,
oman

Top Bottom