Disreputable service providers

USY

Hi XenForo Community Members,

do not know if I post in the correct forum, if I am wrong please just move it.

I had assigned @CypherForums a custom project.
Project details, costs and deadline were discussed and agreed in detail before the start.

I pay the developer on 5th July, project dealine was 2-3 weeks after payment. Today is the 7th October and the Project is still not done.
It still contains bugs which I point out already before.

The developer refuses to make a refund. I haven't received any files yet.

I think that this developer does not have the appropriate know-how. So be careful and warned.

My advice for @CypherForums would be to rectify the situation as quickly as possible or provide a refund.

We don't allow service providers to continue operating here if they fail to deliver on paid work and it seems this is the reputation they are developing for themselves as there has been a similar report recently.

@CypherForums when will you be rectifying these situations?

My advice for @CypherForums would be to rectify the situation as quickly as possible or provide a refund.

We don't allow service providers to continue operating here if they fail to deliver on paid work and it seems this is the reputation they are developing for themselves as there has been a similar report recently.

@CypherForums when will you be rectifying these situations?
@CypherForums to be clear your standing within the community and as a license holder is already in a precarious position. I wouldn't recommend exacerbating the issue further by ignoring a staff member.

Can you please respond to my previous message as a matter of urgency?

Why people pay a dime before delivery still baffles me.
It's usually appropriate to put down a "deposit." This has nothing to do with @CypherForums, but I recently hired a dev here on XF for a style and put down a 50% deposit. After having a terrible experience with the developer, he held my refund hostage under the condition that I do not leave a negative review here.

Hi XenForo Community Members,

do not know if I post in the correct forum, if I am wrong please just move it.

I had assigned @CypherForums a custom project.
Project details, costs and deadline were discussed and agreed in detail before the start.

I pay the developer on 5th July, project dealine was 2-3 weeks after payment. Today is the 7th October and the Project is still not done.
It still contains bugs which I point out already before.

The developer refuses to make a refund. I haven't received any files yet.

I think that this developer does not have the appropriate know-how. So be careful and warned.
In the midst of these, he was still asking for a job from my side.

We didn't award him as he didn't have much to his name, and, he told us he was from "UK" and worked for Forumcube (who went mia on us over a simple job and forced us to request refund from pay pal)

He was not from UK. We notice that he would say anything to benefit his objectives.

Last edited:
Hi @Chris D

We have worked for the Ozgr on the custom project and we agree that it was delayed due to the limitations caused by the third party apps at first and we had to switch our implementation process.

Later on, there were rectifications required by his side and we totally agreed to do them and still willing to perform the fixes if any left at our end to share the final files with him.

As a developer you’re also aware that at some phases there are limitations we get when we are retrieving data from third party app and binding it with XF.

For the functionality that XF allows us smoothly we have worked on it and will make sure to clear the bugs which he finds and finish off his product real soon .

We never refused for a refund though and we don’t take 100% payment from any client at first ,neither we took from him. We run on 50% upfront policy. Upon your call we will do our best to rectify the issues first.

As far Mac is concerned here so we never begged him for a project. Upon our bid to project and after having some discussions on requirements we proposed the quote which didn’t suit him so we lessen it down to fit for him. He himself asks that he will consult with team and later came up that he is unable to get back to us because he’s busy so we never pinged him again afterwards.

You will not find any such issues in future. We never had any intention to spoil our image or the relation with our clients.

Thankyou!

Last edited:
Yo
Hi @Chris D

We have worked for the Ozgr on the custom project and we agree that it was delayed due to the limitations caused by the third party apps at first and we had to switch our implementation process.

Later on, there were rectifications required by his side and we totally agreed to do them and still willing to perform the fixes if any left at our end to share the final files with him.

As a developer you’re also aware that at some phases there are limitations we get when we are retrieving data from third party app and binding it with XF.

For the functionality that XF allows us smoothly we have worked on it and will make sure to clear the bugs which he finds and finish off his product real soon .

We never refused for a refund though and we don’t take 100% payment from any client at first ,neither we took from him. We run on 50% upfront policy. Upon your call we will do our best to rectify the issues first.

As far Mac is concerned here so we never begged him for a project. Upon our bid to project and after having some discussions on requirements we proposed the quote which didn’t suit him so we lessen it down to fit for him. He himself asks that he will consult with team and later came up that he is unable to get back to us because he’s busy so we never pinged him again afterwards.

You will not find any such issues in future. We never had any intention to spoil our image or the relation with our clients.

Thankyou!
Well I didn't say you beg for it. I stated " asking".

The interesting part of the conversation is where you go thru a sudden change of nationality. How could you change from from a citizen of UK to Pakistan "on demand" ?

That raised my alarm bell.

Screenshots available

Does this match with your recollection of events @ozgr?

@CypherForums can you also comment on this profile post by @Xyphien?

This doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.
Update on my end, after publicly posting on their profile (after waiting over 3 months for a response) they messaged me back almost instantly, and gave an excuse on why, and said I've only since paid $150 out of the $600 and that essentially I have to pay the rest for them to continue it.

It took 3 months and me publicly announcing this for y'all to write back, do you see where the problem now lies. You left me for 3 months without saying anything, or replying to my two times asking how it was going with the updates and everything. This means that the project I once envisioned is long past and it's not something I even know if I want to continue as I promised the community over 3 months ago it would be done 3 months ago. Yet you all left me without saying anything. "We were away from discord due to internal company conflicts" you could have informed your clients of such. I don't know why I should even have to pay a full price of something you literally abandoned until I publicly announced that y'all abandoned it, at which you seemed to have replied to INSTANTLY! That's an awful way to do business, and honestly I don't even trust y'all anymore to continue the project as if this is how you all do business I want no part of it. I want a reliable developer who I'll be able to trust with monthly payments and to ensure I can get a working product without having to fear for a loss of both money and what I paid for as I have done with you all.
This was my exact response to them. At which I have yet to get a reply back from.

I'm out $150 for a product that I won't ever receive, as well as I've had to cancel my entire project because of having to wait months without a response... They never offered a refund, compensation or anything for it either.

Also @Chris D if you need any screenshots or anything let me know. I'd be more than happy to send you whatever you need.

Also, notice how their excuse for me was different than the excuse they gave that client. I've been without any word from them for over 3 months, yet they were still working on other projects that were paid for AFTER my project. They told me it was because of internal conflict, yet they can still take on other sales???

Last edited:
I really dislike seeing people on here being taken advantage of.

Either get addons that are poorly coded, have to leave good reviews to get bugs fixed, forced to pay extra to get the addon functioning correctly or get forced to pay all the money with nothing to show.

It seems there is more and more of this sort of behavior going on lately.

No, it doesn't.

The occasional bad apple in 10 years is not indicative of a growing problem.
Oh there are other bad apples.

@fahad ashraf
Almost awarded him a job. I was warned of his attics and confronted him; he went MIA.

@JohnLogar

Took one of my jobs and after excuses upon excuses, month upon month. Long, I gave up; I told him to keep the deposit.

I gave up.

@ForumCube

Took my money, promised the moon and sky, then went MIA. All while they are actively posting on the forum asking for work.

I managed to dispute it with paypal.

@DohTheme

Custom a theme, way exceed the timeline and full of bugs, when asking for support, he went MIA for months. The theme was dumped.

These are several of my experiences from the community. Coincidentally, they seem to be from the same country and they are still around actively taking jobs..

Screenshots available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom