Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

Well it should be in the navigation bar under the competitions tab. If it’s not there or the link Stuart mentions does not work then you might not have that permission.

Great addon!

• Where do I find the words weeks and days of the countdown in the phrases, please? Did not find them with searching in phrases.
  • Can I edit/turn of the unordered list with competition rules? They include things I don't wish ("not an employee of...") or will write on a different way.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I see, depending on entering a sponsor in the settings, employees of them will be not allowed to participate.
In any case moderators and admins (that's what I have as employees) are not allowed to participate. Is there another way to allow it to them, othen then rewriting the phrase positive ( = turn this term of totally)?

• Where do I find the words weeks and days of the countdown in the phrases, please? Did not find them with searching in phrases.
This was a bug, I'm just sending out a fix for this. The way the text is formatted inside the JS means that the phrase itself includes the placeholder which the JS system replaces with the actual number of days or weeks. For example, these are the new phraes:

1508068720565.webp
The default text for the singular "day" phrase is %-d day. You need to make sure that the %-d bit stays in tact. It's kept in mostly in case people wish to translate it in a language which would be equivalent to "Days 10" etc. you'd just move the %-d bit.

Can I edit/turn of the unordered list with competition rules? They include things I don't wish ("not an employee of...") or will write on a different way.
I see, depending on entering a sponsor in the settings, employees of them will be not allowed to participate.
In any case moderators and admins (that's what I have as employees) are not allowed to participate. Is there another way to allow it to them, othen then rewriting the phrase positive ( = turn this term of totally)?

I'd recommend just modifying the phrases.

They are avforums_competitions_competitiontype_not_open_to_employees_of_x_or_y and avforums_competitions_competitiontype_not_open_to_employees_of_y.

If you want to remove that item totally then you can edit the avforums_competitions_view template and remove this:
HTML:
<li>
    <xen:if is="{$competition.sponsor}">
        <div class="">
            {xen:phrase avforums_competitions_competitiontype_not_open_to_employees_of_x_or_y, 'sponsor={$competition.sponsor}', 'site={$xenOptions.boardTitle}', 'competitiontype={$competitionType}'}
        </div>
    <xen:else />
        <div class="">
            {xen:phrase avforums_competitions_competitiontype_not_open_to_employees_of_y, 'site={$xenOptions.boardTitle}', 'competitiontype={$competitionType}'}
        </div>
    </xen:if>
</li>

Thank you @Chris D !

One more question, please. I do not find the template which contains the "Enter competition" submit button. I would like to style it as primary button, but cannot reach it via EXTRA.css, since it's not a child of some specific avforums container.

It think this is the button labelling, but no template contains it:
avforums_competitions_enter_competition

Search templates for button submitEntry. That's the current classes on the submit button. It's in the avforums_competitions_view template.

Is it correct, that the addon closes manually opended competitions if the starting date is not reached yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

I really would like to keep the competition open, even if starting date is some days ahead. The addon would open answering option anyway on time, so it should not be a problem to let the competition live till then, to show image from competiton on forums index, show terms and conditions and so increase anticipation.

If this is the intended behavouir, can I deactivate a cron to avoid automatic closing?

Has anyone figured out how to confirm the winner within the add-in? I ran the first competition with "winners must be confirmed" checked, and I can't figure out how to confirm the guy so the competition goes from "picking" to completed.

Has anyone figured out how to confirm the winner within the add-in? I ran the first competition with "winners must be confirmed" checked, and I can't figure out how to confirm the guy so the competition goes from "picking" to completed.
Yes, we do it all the time. First, do you have all the permissions granted to the competition administrator role?
When the competition has closed (having had the Winning entries must be confirmed before they are announced tickbox ticked), there will be two buttons which only competition admin can see on the page. One at the bottom of the page is Confirm Winners the other is Replace winner. If I recall correctly, if there are multiple winners, there is a Replace winner button for each one.
Choose the appropriate button according to what you want to do.

It’s in development but no ETA at this point.

Do you think you can say already now if the old add-on has to be uninstalled before upgrading to XF2.0? Or can it stay and be disabled during upgrade?

Also, will the XF2.0 version include new features, or stay at the same level as XF1 version?

Is there a setting for a paid paticipation in competition with no question/answers at all? Members buy 1 or 2 or x tickets and once cron is run the winner is estimated.

A question has to be asked and answered though you could make it so simple that no one would get it wrong.

But to do what you want I’d recommend creating a user upgrade and have that promote the user into a special user group after payment. You can then make it so that the competition can only be entered by those users who have upgraded and are in that upgraded user group.

But to do what you want I’d recommend creating a user upgrade and have that promote the user into a special user group after payment. You can then make it so that the competition can only be entered by those users who have upgraded and are in that upgraded user group.
Lots of steps to be done manually... It would be great just to have an option to hit the button -> pay via paypal ->enter competition. Like it's done in donation addons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom