Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

Hey good evening everyone, was wondering if someone maybe had an idea of what I'm doing wrong with my new installation/purchase of Competitions for Xenforo?

I've installed the add-on successfully and I've given myself full permissions with the add-on to create competitions, but it is not allowing me to upload a thumbnail image which is blocking me from successfully using the add-on.

This is what's happening. If I try to save the competition with no images selected:
View attachment 174558

Then if I select a thumbnail image (the button doesn't work in Microsoft Edge, only Chrome:)
View attachment 174557

It's a 200 x 200 pixel icon. When I press Open, it just brings me back to the selection screen:
View attachment 174556

It will not load an image, even though the upload box opens. File uploads work just fine anywhere else on the forum. Appreciate any help, let me know if I need to provide any version information or things like that. Thank you!
I didn’t get a message from you so just checking in - did you get this sorted?

@Stuart Wright , @Chris D
Any news regarding an ETA? Not to mention that you still have another eye available for poking in :D

stan-poke.jpg

Last edited:
Last year it worked all a fine ;)
But with 1.5.22 I do not manage to create a thread with a new competion.

The competition is open, it is published, I provided a forum for the thread in the options but the competition simply does not create a thread. I tried it with start time before now, start time in 10 minutes (and waited), reopened, republished... Nothing.

Any idea, what could cause this please?
Can I start a cron or somthing to "kick" the thread in?

I checked in the database - the former competitons all have a threadid, the new, which rejects to create a thread, has a nodeid instead:

Can I manually enter a threadid and remove the node?

edit: yes, that works, but the thread misses to have the two tabs then. :(

@Chris D
What am I doing wrong, please?

Last edited:
@Chris D there is a bug.
If you set up a competition with start date in the future, save it as published but not open (with the expectation that it will automatically be opened and thread created on the start date), the competition saves as both open and published and the thread is created immediately.

Buying "XF1 version" license will give access to "XF2 version" too?
Is there any ETA for XF2 version? or at least an indication like Q1, Q2?

Every email you have ever had about the purchase, and any update email you have received about it, will contain the download link.

Top Bottom