Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

Is there anyway to update the year in the copyright?

We are displaying a countdown timer against each competition in the sidebar widget.

To send an alert to competition entrants nn minutes before the competition closes to remind them they have entered. This feature will cost £90. Would license holders be willing to pay for this?

This feature will cost £180 to develop. Would license holders be willing to pay for this?

To create an admin option to have a choice between the menu alert showing unentered competitions and unviewed competitions (thereby having the alert clear after the competition is viewed) will cost £75. Would license holders be willing to pay for this?
Is this per member?

Pre-sales questions:

I see it's possible to set the amount of winners and runners-up. Is this an individual setting per type? ie. Can I have 20 winners and 0 runners-up, 3 winners with 5 runners-up, etc? Are there only the two levels (first and second prize), or more? What are the maximums of each?

How does the marketing list get to the prize sponsor? Also, is there any tracking of prize sponsors within the app? It would be nice to send them a thank you note and Christmas card.

Can I have 20 winners and 0 runners-up, 3 winners with 5 runners-up, etc?
Yes
How does the marketing list get to the prize sponsor?
Sent manually. We download a spreadsheet of opt-ins and send that.
is there any tracking of prize sponsors within the app
No. The sponsors field is a simple text value. It's not expected that the sponsors are necessarily members of the forum or have an email address. The idea behind the sponsors field is, for fairness, to exclude them (and anyone else you wish to add to the field) from being able to enter the competition.

Nice to hear. :)
I just have bought the addon, paypal told me the payment is finished, but there is no info at the paypal page about it.
And i have no idea where to download it, because there is no forum like normal to register/login and download.
----------------
I got it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Once purchased, you should receive an email from the order system (FetchApp) to the email address on your PayPal account. Check your spam folder. If there's nothing there, let me know, and I'll re-send it.

I cant upload any pictures and without a pthumbnail i cant save a competition. :(
I can upload pictures to posts. I use the html5-uploader from Tinhte.

This should work fine, but i can't guarantee it would work with other uploaders.

Does it work with that add on disabled and Flash player enabled?

Will it be possible to require a "unique entry" from each participant in the new version? For example by adding a text field next to the check boxes? Example: "Please write a few words about why you should win".

(We're not allowed to host competitions in Sweden without a silly permit, unless every entry is unique in some way, because it's considered a "give away/ lottery" otherwise. I think that the same goes for several other parts of the EU).

I'd buy this at once if that was possible :)

The competitions add-on only supports uploading one file at a time, anyway. So, if there was a way to disable the HTML5 uploader add-on on a per-page basis, that'd be ideal. I will look into it.

Yes, no problem with your addon, but i cant upload more than one picture to a thread. And this is a forum full of pictures in threads, because we dont like the different galleries out there. :)

Top Bottom