Communauté Regionalis

We are celebrating our one year anniversary today!
With 100 members, 1800 discussions and 14000 messages. Hoping that these statistics explode soon!

View attachment 272790
Congratulations! Joyeux anniversaire! I like the look of the site even if my rusty French makes reading stuff a chore.

And thanks for inviting me to be a (small) part of it. Having some of my fiction get a non-English speaking audience is a bit of a thrill.

Just keep it up. There are always ups and downs. Good, interesting content and be yourself. I believe in that :)

If it's not working, don't change yourself, change your point of view.

I finally said STOP.

A news forum didn't have much chance of succeeding in 2022...
The stats even got closer to zero with the latest Google algorithm updates. :cry:

I am now focused on a project that is close to my heart, the development of a French-speaking XenForo community... The central axis will be to offer translations and provide support in French around the XF environment. The website URL is in my signature.

Thank you to those who encouraged me in my previous project. 🙏

Notice to add-on developers: your work will soon benefit from French translations ! :)

Good luck! Do you know if there is a strong market for forum software in the French-speaking world (by which I mean France, Quebec, other former French colonies)? I know with Quebec tightening their language laws, anyone running a forum geared to that market would pretty have to run it in French now.

I finally said STOP.

The stats even got closer to zero with the latest Google algorithm updates. :cry:

I am now focused on a project that is close to my heart, the development of a French-speaking XenForo community... The central axis will be to offer translations and provide support in French around the XF environment. The website URL is in my signature.

Notice to add-on developers: your work will soon benefit from French translations ! :)
I wish you all the best.

AFAIK there is already one forum about XF for French speaking.
It's true, I signed up. The site was closed between 2018 and 2022 then the administrator wanted to relaunch it a few months ago and now he has not written a single message for 3 months and has not logged in for 45 days... site is down. I think that to succeed in such a project requires a daily investment on the part of the administrator and his team. It's not a reproach against him he is probably very busy elsewhere, life is like that.

We'll see how things go for XenForo FR ! :)

Good luck! Do you know if there is a strong market for forum software in the French-speaking world (by which I mean France, Quebec, other former French colonies)? I know with Quebec tightening their language laws, anyone running a forum geared to that market would pretty have to run it in French now.
Thank you @Mendalla.
I hope your market analysis will benefit my project ! :)

Otherwise you see me sorry for Tana the healer who will not have survived in the language of Molière, it's my fault I hope you won't take offense.

I finally said STOP.

I see you closed it for real?
How long has it been online? The main reason that made you decide to press the "delete all" button?

How long has it been online?
12 months to the day.

The main reason that made you decide to press the "delete all" button?
No user registrations from search engines, none.
Despite all my efforts, I had 13K messages and I wrote 11K of them via 20 fake accounts! Suffice to say that I spared no effort but that was not enough. A French news forum starting from scratch in 2021 is just suicidal... News is on Twitter and the mainstream media.

I failed but maybe I did some things wrong.
The forum never took off...

The biggest mistake is thinking you did something wrong.

However, (personal opinion) 1 year of life for a forum is so little. Google takes more than 90 days to index your content.

You will have wasted a lot of energy and I'm sorry, but don't believe that a community grows in such a short time. Worse if you are alone.

Since you recently deleted it, and if you have a backup, restore it again. And start never using those fake accounts of yours, people understand when a post is fake or when it was written for the pleasure of writing it.

I would feel very disappointed, if I had to join a forum, and realize that I have been messaging with a fake account all along.

I don't speak English, it took me about 10 minutes to write this post and it has 1000 spelling mistakes, but I answered you and dedicated time to you. This thing is so much better than writing you a novel in 30 seconds from a fake account, do you agree?

Restore it and give it a try, post even just 2 "real" posts a day with your name and written by you and go on for another year. It costs you nothing.

In those 11K fake messages i wrote there is 3K of real messages from me.
But you know, how to be attractive with empty forums or forums containing posts from one or two users ?

I had a dozen real members and none noticed anything, we had fiery discussions on many subjects, my activity as theater actors created a certain emulation but after a year see that I had NO new members (the 10 real members came by word of mouth on other forums) definitely put me off. If I had 1 or 2 members coming from Google I would have had hope but none the sign was too obvious to continue to be stubborn.

My new XenForo FR forum already has 23 all real members (lol) in 45 days of existence! The conclusion is relentless.

Top Bottom