Communauté Regionalis

Nicolas FR

Here is the community I've been trying to build for 4 months now.
I use the original style with some modifications. There's XenForo's media gallery and resource manager plus 4 other small third-party add-ons:
Some categories are very recent and therefore poorly provided.
It's a generalist forum, in French as you may have noticed...
I hope to have more success with this community than with those I tried to create before...

Time will tell !

Just how I like it. A nice, clean and transparent forum.
100% this. Very clean and the forums structure looks organized.

The background color in the header logo area is a nice choice. A small change that made a big difference for the default style, IMO. I like the raw text slogan on the right. I used to do that on my forum but I had the text change every time you refreshed the page. I occasionally asked my members if they had any fun slogan ideas that they wanted added to the rotation. Let me know if you want to know how it's done.

I love when a forum has unique node icons like that. Maybe you can change the location icons in actualité nationale et internationale to something a little more navigational? Something like this: https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/icons/compass?style=regular

I like what you did with the footer. I love the footer on this (the XF) forum and it looks like you adopted that.

The background color in the header logo area is a nice choice. A small change that made a big difference for the default style, IMO
Yep ! It was a test by copying the background of the block-header and the rendering was a very good surprise so I definitely adopted it.

I occasionally asked my members if they had any fun slogan ideas that they wanted added to the rotation. Let me know if you want to know how it's done.
It could be interesting to set up, and fun too. For the moment, as the forum is recent, I would not like to blur the message for visitors and keep this one so that the identity of the community can be anchored in time.
But for another location, especially above the footer why not. If you want to share the code I'm interested.

Maybe you can change the location icons in actualité nationale et internationale to something a little more navigational?
Yes, me too the repetition of the same icon bothers me a little but I haven't found the right formula yet, thank you for the remark and the proposal I will work on it.

I like what you did with the footer. I love the footer on this (the XF) forum and it looks like you adopted that.
It is totally inspired by XenForo indeed. I searched for a long time for something that suited me but in vain. Finally I said to myself why not draw inspiration from the best? Et voilà !

Shout out to @BassMan too as I had his footer addon installed previously and used his 3 column technique to make mine now. He didn't invent the CSS Flex of course but it saved me some time.

The goal is also to use as few additional modules as possible in order to ensure fast and simple updates. XF + XFRM + XFMG are enough for me in what they offer while hoping for good surprises in the next updates.

In any case, thank you very much for taking the time to visit the site and for giving your informed opinion. (y)

If you want to share the code I'm interested.
Mine is setup using the built in advertising system as shown in the screenshot. But you can obviously use the code where you want to.
HTML:
<div class="header-slogan">
<xf:set var="$slogan.1">first slogan</xf:set>
<xf:set var="$slogan.2">second slogan</xf:set>
<xf:set var="$slogan.3">third slogan</xf:set>
<xf:set var="$slogan.4">fourth slogan</xf:set>

{$slogan.{{ ($xf.time % 23) + 1 }}|raw}
</div>
You can add as many as you want. Credit to @Russ for this code.

Yes, me too the repetition of the same icon bothers me a little but I haven't found the right formula yet
It's a weird one. Technically, that group of forums makes sense to have the same icon because they are all locations. But then the repetition stands out. And then if you did want them to have unique icons, what would even make sense for each location? It's not like there's an icon of France, lol. I see what you mean.

The goal is also to use as few additional modules as possible in order to ensure fast and simple updates. XF + XFRM + XFMG are enough for me in what they offer while hoping for good surprises in the next updates.
Yeah!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 6.48.54 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 6.48.54 PM.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the code, i will test it soon.
Your idea of involving members of the community for a key phrase, a slogan or a maxim is nice, it allows them to invest a little in the project.

It's not like there's an icon of France, lol. I see what you mean.
Exactly. But maybe with FA 6 there will be something nicer to do.

Wonderfully simple and clean, you have done an excellent job @nicodak - very nice.
Thank you for this comment which is a pleasure to read.

Maybe just one thing, try increasing the sidebar width to 300px. Perhaps you'll like it. I think it is a bit too narrow for your forum list.
Yep ! I'm not a big fan of wide sidebars but probably the original width is a bit small, you're right. So I just adjusted it to 270px! Thank you for this relevant remark Mister @BassMan

I have no idea why I've missed this thread until now. But you have done a very great job with your forums and the theme. I like the design, it fits well for your niche. I also love that the node list is well structured and easy to navigate. Also, that footer, looks great too, so need to be jealous ;)

This weekend I integrated the complementary module of @Bob : AMS !
I've created 6 articles so far, but with the widgets on the homepage the forum looks more professional. It's perfect !

I just need a real logo now...

Top Bottom