CometChat [Deleted]

I see a forum for bugs here:https://forum.cometchat.com/categories/issues
How will you track:
  1. the status of the bug (open, needs feedback, fixed, not a bug)
  2. the version of CC the bug relates to
  3. what plugin it relates to
  4. what integration it concerns
  5. which version it was fixed in
A bug tracker is only of use if it results in a clear overview of what is left to fix, what has been implemented in which release and in what plugin.
Previously CC did not have any such overview, which caused significant problems.

I see a forum for bugs here:https://forum.cometchat.com/categories/issues
How will you track:
  1. the status of the bug (open, needs feedback, fixed, not a bug)
  2. the version of CC the bug relates to
  3. what plugin it relates to
  4. what integration it concerns
  5. which version it was fixed in
A bug tracker is only of use if it results in a clear overview of what is left to fix, what has been implemented in which release and in what plugin.
Previously CC did not have any such overview, which caused significant problems.

@Alfa1,
Thank you for your feedback. We are planning on using tags for this. If you have any suggestions, then we would be happy to incorporate them.

Regards,
Robert

I can't login to your forum with my user and pass in cometchat site.

Should I register new account there? And how you know if I am your customer or not?

I can't login to your forum with my user and pass in cometchat site.

Should I register new account there? And how you know if I am your customer or not?

@Dadparvar ,
you'll need to create a new user for the forum. Please mention the email you used to purchase CometChat in a post on our forum we'll know then.

Regards
Robert

Hello, i bought the 249$ Version for my Site. I am using SSL with Cloudflare and i got some problems.

I installed it with no troubles but then..
1. I dont See any Online User, just this

cometchat.webp

2. When i PM a User over the "Instant PM" Button under the Avatar, i need refresh the page to see what i wrote or what i recived.

3. I only see Cometchat on the Home/Main page. If i go in a Theard or in the Gallery, the Cometchat Bar disappears.

In advance many thanks for your help

CometChat stops working if you swap the caching to REDIS cache by Xon
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/zend-redis-cache.3965/

Code:
[03-Apr-2016 22:36:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'XenForo_Application' not found in /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/library/config.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/integration.php(20): include()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/config.php(31): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/js.php(55): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/cometchatjs.php(55): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/library/config.php on line 78
[03-Apr-2016 22:36:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'XenForo_Application' not found in /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/library/config.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/integration.php(20): include()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/config.php(31): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/cometchat_init.php(79): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/cometchat/cometchat_receive.php(55): include_once('/home/nginx/dom...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/nginx/domains/ecigssa.co.za/public/library/config.php on line 78
[04-Apr-2016 00:36:39 Africa/Johannesburg] XML-RPC: xmlrpc_server::execute: function like_post_func registered as method handler does not return an xmlrpcresp object

I've got an old license for this that I'd forgotten all about. Thinking of renewing it. I previously used it on vb about 6 years ago and it was a bit resource heavy. I was wondering how people are finding using it on XF?

It works on XF, better than VB, as I tested it before we change our site to XF.

But, anyway, you should have powerful server in order to use it. It is still heavy and if you don't use a really powerful server, its better not to annoy yourself using it.
We are using it since long time ago but if you have basic license, again better not to waste your time working on it to add it to your site. Because of lack of features and nkt being fully approperiate with xf and also not supporting mobile devices (theae days lots of users visit the site using mobile devices, but it still doesn't support mobile!! If you need it, you should pay more thqn a XF license to upgrade your cometchat to next level in order to support mobile.
Although we are not happy with it so far, but we still use it. Its on you to choose it or not. (but their support is good most of the time)

Hi @Dadparvar thanks for the response. I have a pro license. Just been over to check out the demo on an iPad and it wasn't playing. I'd assumed it was mobile compatible, but clearly not. I guess I'll leave it in the box for now.

Let me tell you a complete experience of me, using Cometchat for a long time on Xenforo:

1. Their support is SOMEHOW good. They respect when they answer and they are Patient. They really try to help and most of the times they can.

2. Its REALLY RESOURCE HEAVY. Even in my absolutely powerful dedicated server, its not smooth as it must and even when some users chat in same time, it may become so slow then. and maybe sometime be needed to refresh the page to continue chatting.

3. If you want to use just Basic package ($49), better not use. If you don't want to pay near by a XF license to get PROFESSIONAL version (or $250 for premium or $500 for PLATINUM) of cometchat, then better not to use it. Because you pay $49 for something that it even doesn't support mobile devices.

4. Upgrading cometchat is Terrible. I told it in almost all my tickets. You surely will loose at least 2 or 3 days each time you decide to upgrade your cometchat (mostly if you have some customization too) and if you lost all your cometchat related data (like chat history, logs, customization, and so...) after an upgrade, don't be shocked. Its not weird at all! its normal!
Because of this, I decided not to upgrade my cometchat until a major upgrade, but since the 6th version came, I decided to upgrade, but lets see what happened:
8 jun I upgraded to 6th version and these happened:
  • Multiplayer games gone
  • single player games stopped working
  • all customizations gone
  • Bug fixes gone and the problems came again (Although I reported them before and they said they fixed in the new packages)
  • The Glass theme's css file are all set to get data from setting but there is no setting at all any where to set its values
  • All other themes were removed
  • sync with conversation option was removed
  • Chat with me button gone and its option was removed and replaced with an image (that was in old version and was replaced with new field in xf option!)
  • option of hiding instant pm button in postbit was removed
  • the Who's online list (that was changed to recent chats by report of me that XF doesn't have any friendship system, and they said they added it to new packages) again back!
  • All my customization gone.
Since 8 jun they started fixing problems and they were working on my cometchat (even their staff was chatting with me in my site, telling me he is fixing issues). But now, today, (14 jun) see what was their answer to my ticket:
  • (about avatars, single player game, who's online list)We could not find CometChat installed on your server. Please install it so that we can look into the issue and resolve it. (Really?! you didn't find it installed on my server, after 6 days of working on it? so who was chatting to me? how suddently my cometchat theme was changed to default theme when one of your staffs told me he is working on it?)
  • These features (Themes, Chat with me Button in xenforo, Sync chat with conversations in xenforo) are available in the CometChat package for XenForo (Standalone) and not in the XenForo (Tapatalk) version (Kidding me?! I used Tapatalk version of cometchat since the first day and you can see it in my tickets. And I had them all since the first day too. Even, in 8 jun I wanted to install Standalone version but you said I should install Tapatalk version again so that you fix my problems and I asked you to fix things on standalone version but you again asked me to install Tapatalk version because since the first day I was using that. So if I was using Tapatalk version, then how I was using Glass theme, when you say themes are just in standalone package?!)
  • We have deprecated this feature (multi player games) in the new version of CometChat i.e (version 6.0.0) (Really Thanks!)
This was a short story of my experience using cometchat. I'm not sure yet, but maybe I stop using cometchat anymore in my site (as I always said time is so important for me, and just a few weeks ago I stopped using my perfect paid style and some add-ons just because their company is terrible on answering tickets these days, and started using @Arty style just because he supports instantly) and then maybe I start using @Nobita.Kun 's Messenger (just I need a few more features in Nobita's add-on. If implemented, I absolutely will replace it with cometchat. As I know how he supports)

Hope this review help you. If I stop using cometchat, I'll copy this text and review the resource with 2 or 3 stars, so that other users also be able to read my experience too.

Hello Dadparvar,

I will share your experience with my team. We want our users to have good experience with CometChat.

Regards,
CometChat

Hi @Dadparvar thanks for the response. I have a pro license. Just been over to check out the demo on an iPad and it wasn't playing. I'd assumed it was mobile compatible, but clearly not. I guess I'll leave it in the box for now.

Hello Geebee, can you please raise a ticket for this issue? You can create a support ticket at https://my.cometchat.com/tickets and our team will be happy to assist you further.

If you have already done so, please share the ticket number so I can escalate the issue.

Regards,
CometChat

Let me tell you a complete experience of me, using Cometchat for a long time on Xenforo:

1. Their support is SOMEHOW good. They respect when they answer and they are Patient. They really try to help and most of the times they can.

2. Its REALLY RESOURCE HEAVY. Even in my absolutely powerful dedicated server, its not smooth as it must and even when some users chat in same time, it may become so slow then. and maybe sometime be needed to refresh the page to continue chatting.

3. If you want to use just Basic package ($49), better not use. If you don't want to pay near by a XF license to get PROFESSIONAL version (or $250 for premium or $500 for PLATINUM) of cometchat, then better not to use it. Because you pay $49 for something that it even doesn't support mobile devices.

4. Upgrading cometchat is Terrible. I told it in almost all my tickets. You surely will loose at least 2 or 3 days each time you decide to upgrade your cometchat (mostly if you have some customization too) and if you lost all your cometchat related data (like chat history, logs, customization, and so...) after an upgrade, don't be shocked. Its not weird at all! its normal!
Because of this, I decided not to upgrade my cometchat until a major upgrade, but since the 6th version came, I decided to upgrade, but lets see what happened:
  • Multiplayer games gone
  • Bug fixes gone and the problems came again (Although I reported them before and they said they fixed in the new packages)
  • The Glass theme's css file are all set to get data from setting but there is no setting at all any where to set its values
  • Chat with me button gone and its option was removed and replaced with an image (that was in old version and was replaced with new field in xf option!)
  • the Who's online list (that was changed to recent chats by report of me that XF doesn't have any friendship system, and they said they added it to new packages) again back!
Since 8 jun they started fixing problems and they were working on my cometchat (even their staff was chatting with me in my site, telling me he is fixing issues). But now, today, (14 jun) see what was their answer to my ticket:
  • (about avatars, single player game, who's online list)We could not find CometChat installed on your server. Please install it so that we can look into the issue and resolve it. (Really?! you didn't find it installed on my server, after 6 days of working on it? so who was chatting to me? how suddently my cometchat theme was changed to default theme when one of your staffs told me he is working on it?)
  • These features (Themes, Chat with me Button in xenforo, Sync chat with conversations in xenforo) are available in the CometChat package for XenForo (Standalone) and not in the XenForo (Tapatalk) version (Kidding me?! I used Tapatalk version of cometchat since the first day and you can see it in my tickets. And I had them all since the first day too. Even, in 8 jun I wanted to install Standalone version but you said I should install Tapatalk version again so that you fix my problems and I asked you to fix things on standalone version but you again asked me to install Tapatalk version because since the first day I was using that. So if I was using Tapatalk version, then how I was using Glass theme, when you say themes are just in standalone package?!)
  • We have deprecated this feature (multi player games) in the new version of CometChat i.e (version 6.0.0) (Really Thanks!)
This was a short story of my experience using cometchat. I'm not sure yet, but maybe I stop using cometchat anymore in my site (as I always said time is so important for me, and just a few weeks ago I stopped using my perfect paid style and some add-ons just because their company is terrible on answering tickets these days, and started using @Arty style just because he supports instantly) and then maybe I start using @Nobita.Kun 's Messenger (just I need a few more features in Nobita's add-on. If implemented, I absolutely will replace it with cometchat. As I know how he supports)

Hope this review help you. If I stop using cometchat, I'll copy this text and review the resource with 2 or 3 stars, so that other users also be able to read my experience too.

Hello Dadparvar,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are constantly working on improving our product and take every comment/suggestion into consideration when releasing new versions. Here are my responses to each comment of yours:
1. Thank you for your feedback regarding our support. We strive to provide the best possible support; in the recent months we've added phone support as well.
2. If you are facing any load issues, you can consider CometService and configuring CometChat to work with memcache. CometService offloads 95% of the work to our servers and drastically reduces your load.
3. We are aware of the poor upgrade experience our customers have been facing. Thus in CometChat v6, we've moved all configuration files to database. So future upgrades will be similar to Wordpress (in terms of seamless upgrades). If you customize any code manually, then only those customizations will have to be manually re-performed. But any changes from our Admin Panel will continue to work perfectly.
4. Regarding multi-player games; we've deprecated this plugin as it uses Adobe Flash. However, if you can drop in an email, we will be happy to add it manually to your site.
5. Regarding the upgrade issues you're facing, all the themes and other missing features you've mentioned are still present in version 6. So it looks like something went wrong during installation. I've asked a team member to get in touch with you as a priority and resolve them immediately.

I hope that you will post an updated review once everything is up and running again. We look forward to assisting you and getting CometChat up and running on your site at the earliest.

Regards,
CometChat

• Multiplayer games gone

Hello Dadparvar,

Further update for point 2:

2. Let me explain to you how the chatting mechanism works. By default, CometChat uses smart-polling i.e. it polls your server between 3-12 seconds for new messages. On standard servers, we cannot use any other mechanism (like long polling or web sockets) as they simply do not support it. So in order to ensure our software works out of the box on most hosting providers, we use smart polling. If you have a high traffic website, then there are couple of things you can do to keep the load at a minimum. Firstly, you can consider CometService (https://www.cometchat.com/cometservice ). CometService offloads 95% of the work to our servers and drastically reduces your load. Secondly, you can use memcache that reduces the number of calls to your database server. Lastly, once you have both of these enabled, we can have a look at your installation and tweak it further to ensure the best possible performance.

Hope our suggestions will help you. Please let us know your views.

Regards,
CometChat

By default, CometChat uses smart-polling i.e. it polls your server between 3-12 seconds for new messages.
You will need at most 3 seconds to provide a good user experience.
CometService offloads 95% of the work to our servers and drastically reduces your load.
It doesn't for medium-high active/busy sites. It still serves polling over html with a method that requires several pings per poll. If you have a lot of users online then it will still fail or crash your site.

Please show us some active xenforo/vbulletin big boards running cometchat.
Please start the public bug tracker you promised.

You have a very promising full featured product that provides a really nice user experience if it works. It would be awesome to see the bugs resolved.

Features can't outweigh performance. Never. If it is slowing down my server I can't use it. And outsourcing to a third party is not an option.

Hi Alfa,

By smart polling we mean that it depends on user activity. If the user is active on the site, then it will poll every 3 seconds. If the site is open but the user is currently viewing another tab, then it will automatically reduce polling to 12 seconds.

Regards

It doesn't for medium-high active/busy sites. It still serves polling over html with a method that requires several pings per poll. If you have a lot of users online then it will still fail or crash your site.

Please show us some active xenforo/vbulletin big boards running cometchat.
Please start the public bug tracker you promised.

You have a very promising full featured product that provides a really nice user experience if it works. It would be awesome to see the bugs resolved.

Hello Alfa1/Freelancer,

For active users on a site, the polling is every 3 seconds. So with CometService enabled, it will poll your server once every 60 seconds. Thus reducing 95% of the calls made to your server.

Please PM me and I can send you information on a large vB website.

Regarding bug tracker, based on the feedback we received in this forum, we added a forum where you can report any issues:https://forum.cometchat.com. We are also working on adding a full fledged bug tracker shortly.

We agree that features can't outweigh performance. We are constantly working at improving performance. If you do not want to use our servers for CometService; we also offer a self-hosted version of CometService.

Please PM me and I'd be happy to get a full demo arranged for you on your website (at absolutely no charge to you). You can pay only once you are satisfied.

We are constantly working on on our product- both in terms of features and performance. And we are always listening to the feedback we receive from everyone.

Regards

Top Bottom