CMF Routes - Link Changer for Forums and Threads [Deleted]

Yoskaldyr

Yoskaldyr submitted a new resource:

CMF Routes - Route Prefix Changer for Forums and Threads - Forum and thread route prefix can be changed for any forum or category.

This add-on will allow you to change route prefix for your forums, threads and categories on per node basis.

Features:
All features showed on screenshots below.

Demo:
You can see a changed route prefixes in the demo category with following settings:
  • route prefix for category and sub-forums has been changed to 'demo'
  • route prefix for threads has been changed to...

Read more about this resource...

can you add the option to route user profiles? so instead of yoursite.com/members/yourname the url would be yoursite.com/yourname?
I can add this in one of the next releases. But I think it is bad feature because a single registered user with name "forums", "members" or something like that can break anything on the board.
also, i noticed that even though https://yoskaldyr.eu/demo/ is routed, that when viewing https://yoskaldyr.eu/demo/cmf-threads/ the breadcrumb is not routed (https://yoskaldyr.eu/#demo-forums.4). just so you know :)
I will fix it in the next release.

I will fix it in the next release.

wow, that was quick :)

I can add this in one of the next releases. But I think it is bad feature because a single registered user with name "forums", "members" or something like that can break anything on the board.

yeah, you'd definitely have to have a filter for non-allowed user name urls. maybe make it user defined? like, forum owners could input text in a field that would block words like forums, members, admin, mods, etc.

@electrogypsy But what to do with already registered users that conflicts with the current route prefixes? Or what to do with a prefixes of a new add-ons installed after a changing routes for users?

Maybe you want to create routes something like that:
domain.com/@user1
domain.com/@user2

@electrogypsy But what to do with already registered users that conflicts with the current route prefixes?

you have a point there, but i don't have any users with the username 'library' 'forum' or any other name that would conflict.

@electrogypsyOr what to do with a prefixes of a new add-ons installed after a changing routes for users?

there are no plugins currently available for xenforo that change the user routes for user profiles. also, if someone is going to buy your product they should realize that there *will* be conflicts with plugins that change routes, just like there would be with any other plugin.

there are *two* plugins that change routes on the xenforo resources area. one is Liam W's vanity url plugin, which gives the functionality i'm asking for. the other is xfrocks' [bd] reroute.

unfortunately neither are maintained, and both are broken in some way or another. which is why i pass the torch to you :)

@electrogypsyMaybe you want to create routes something like that:
domain.com/@user1
domain.com/@user2

the @ symbol is an invalid url character, but i understand what you're saying. Liam W's plugin was built specifically for this purpose, but like i said, is no longer working. if you added this functionality, you could possibly corner the market in this type of plugin :P

there are no plugins currently available for xenforo that change the user routes for user profiles
I mean that the new route prefixes with conflicting names can be created after the forum user has been created.

I can reroute all not matching routes to the 'member' route but some user pages in this case will be unaccessible.

I can reroute all not matching routes to the 'member' route but some user pages in this case will be unaccessible.

would you have to reroute everything? all most people want is a short link to their user profile. all other /member/ links should stay the same.

Main problem with such rerouting for users is that the member link generation will too slow because it must trigger route match for checking names with conflicts.
So I can add this feature but it will be a BAD feature for performance.

couldn't it check the route when the member creates the shortlink? for example, maybe instead of doing all users at once, the user has to first define a url for their profile (yoursite.com/yourname) before the plugin checks. that way the system knows the link is good every time it's requested. everyone that hasn't requested a url will have their profile link stay the default (yoursite.com/members/yourname).

hope you don't mind me giving so many suggestions :P

But this member link can be re-used by some add-on in the future. So add-on must re-check an existence of this route on every link generation and it is not good for performance.

Well, as I pointed out earlier, Liam W did it and I don't think anyone really had any problems. I'd use his but I don't think he comes around the XF forums anymore.

Well, as I pointed out earlier, Liam W did it and I don't think anyone really had any problems. I'd use his but I don't think he comes around the XF forums anymore.
I can create links for
domain.com/username
but not for
domain.com/username/
and it will work.
But sometimes may be a situation with almost the same links points to the different locations:
domain.com/forums - will point to the user "forums"
domain.com/forums/ - will point to the forums page

Top Bottom