CMF HTML Feed - Fetch and Parse External Content [Deleted]

Yoskaldyr

Yoskaldyr submitted a new resource:

CMF HTML Feed - Fetch and Parse External Content - External content can be fetched and parsed from any site as simple as from RSS feed.

This add-on will allow to fetch and parse external content from any site as simple as xenforo rss feeds feature.

Features:
  • Ability to fetch and parse content from any site as simple as RSS feed parsing
  • Fully customizable
  • Fully phrased
  • Easy to use and install
  • All features showed on screenshots below
As example, content has been fetched and parsed from XenForo Announcements forum directly...

Read more about this resource...

I like it! But... it support xpath?

I'm asking it because to fetch and parse websites it's way better using xpath instead of regular expressions. HERE you can find a longer explanation.

I like it! But... it support xpath?

I'm asking it because to fetch and parse websites it's way better using xpath instead of regular expressions. HERE you can find a longer explanation.
Regular expressions can be used only for filtering after getting element by css selector.
ZF internals already use xpath converted from css selector. So I can add a new option for using xpath instead of css selector if you need.

Is there a public demo where I can see this in action. I want to see how it phrases content from a known website and then compare how the native RSS within Xenforo does it.

How would it for example pull content from http://www.reddit.com/r/thewholecar and make it look better then what RSS does.

Is there a public demo where I can see this in action. I want to see how it phrases content from a known website and then compare how the native RSS within Xenforo does it.

How would it for example pull content from http://www.reddit.com/r/thewholecar and make it look better then what RSS does.
You can configure a final view of the thread/post exactly as you wish. Each element of the feed/news entry is parsed by own css selector and it can be filtered or modified by regular expression after that. And result of this steps you can use in the post template as template var.

In the one of the next releases a custom php callback handling will be added and attachment uploading will be added too.

You can configure a final view of the thread/post exactly as you wish. Each element of the feed/news entry is parsed by own css selector and it can be filtered or modified by regular expression after that. And result of this steps you can use in the post template as template var.

In the one of the next releases a custom php callback handling will be added and attachment uploading will be added too.
Thanks for the explanation.

Is there a demo forum where I can see it in action ? In the case of free of charge add-on's I test things out a discard. In the case of £20.00 discarding does't come as easy.

@kleezy, If you provide a page to be parsed and style of what you want to see as result than I will create a demo forum on my site with auto parsed threads

@kleezy, but how exactly you want to see a resulting thread?
Because each entry link is a galery with many images.
Right now add-on can not download images and convert images to attachments. But it will be one of the next features.

@kleezy, but how exactly you want to see a resulting thread?
Because each entry link is a galery with many images.
Right now add-on can not download images and convert images to attachments. But it will be one of the next features.

Well.. we just wanna see a demo so whatever you convert is fine. A least for me :)

If I understand it well so is possible to put information gathered from the addon in template vars and using them during the creation of a new thread?

another thing, is it possibile to post to a specific thread or to the initially created thread instead of create every time a new thread?

If I understand it well so is possible to put information gathered from the addon in template vars and using them during the creation of a new thread?
Not template vars. During creation you can use the same variables as with xenforo rss feed ({content} {title} {description} {link} {image} {author} etc...). But any other variables can be added by custom PHP callback.
another thing, is it possibile to post to a specific thread or to the initially created thread instead of create every time a new thread?
Yes, with "Append If Title Exists" checkbox enabled:
2015-06-18_07-52-28-png.108789

@Kintaro In results of demo feed parsed only first full image because other images provided by json (can not been parsed by css selector). And php callback is needed for parsing it.

When posted content is parsed like a manual post?
In the Amazon example if an addon that transform Amazon link in affiliate is installed it will works?

Top Bottom