1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloudFlare and Railgun

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by chrishill, Dec 1, 2013.

1. chrishill

chrishill Active Member

Has anyone noticed a substantial increase in performance when using Railgun and/or Rocket Loader?

For me, rocket loader disabled the drop down to login which they're working on.

2. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

I have never had much luck with cloudflare period. I have seen some people praise it but I do not care for it. It made my website slower then when I am not using it.

Wuebit likes this.
  3. chrishill

chrishill Active Member

That's odd, it has always seemed to make my website double the speed. Railgun, like I assume @xfrocks has on his website, seems to make pages load almost instantly. CloudFlare is like an Akamai but without all of the customization.

4. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Ill stick to my dns I have now, Im just not a fan unless they have become better in recent months.

5. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

I'm the same, I would slow my sites down not speed them up. Gave up on it in the end. I think it depends on where you are (as close to there servers or not)

6. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

They have multiple hops located in the US and EU. But I think they either need a better system(s) or need better network.

7. chrishill

chrishill Active Member

I'd use it really for the security though even if the performance is negligible. I notice a extreme performance gain when I cache everything on the website, but then again it keeps logging me out. Need to work on a fix.

8. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I enabled this tonight and I think it made my site a little more snappier.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Hope you disabled RocketLoader (or put the necessary exclusions in there)... because if you didn't your users are probably going to have problems.

10. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Ya I have never ran Rocket Loader before. But I have heard that there is problems with the drop down because of it?

11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is.

12. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

I tried enabling Rocket Loader this morning. No one has complained about it so far. I can do everything like normal. No login problems so far. What exactly were people having a problem with it enabled?

13. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The Login drop down bar fails to open.

14. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Strange I wonder if they fixed it. I have been logging in and out and it works just fine. I'll keep an eye on it.

15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If you are referring to your Fluxoid site... I can't get the logon screen at all from Chrome. I can with Safari so it may be a Chrome problem.

16. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Ya using Firefox and IE it works. Don't have Chrome to test. So must just be Chrome since Safari works.

17. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Having Chrome users not being able to login is a pretty large problem, as it is a large userbase.

18. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Ya I had to disable Rocket Loader, it was doing some other strange things on the front page. Plus like you said your site should be compatible with all browsers. As far as the Rail Gun service, I did run into a problem with it. I have a ticket put in with CloudFlare, so we will see what they say.