XF 1.0 Cleaning-Up Spam

The proliferation of human-backed CAPTCHA breakers and all manner of other means to break through anti-robot protection on forums means that spam prevention systems must now be joined with spam clean-up utilities.

With this in mind, XenForo introduces the Spam Cleaner - a one-stop shop for quickly and easily dealing with spam that has made it onto your forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

The spam button doesnt come up for me. I checked that all the settings are correct in the "Spam Manager" but for some reason its not giving me the "Spam" link. Is it because i have an older version mine is Xenforo 1.0.0

I remember lurking a forum once, when it was attack of the spammer. He created in excess of 50 threads. As soon as a moderator came online, I said; "Good luck, it might take a while." over the shoutbox. He then sent me a picture of the spam cleaner. It's such a smart approach to battling spam, and I'm surprised it wasn't really implemented in other leading software. Well done XenForo team, it's such a great idea.

I remember lurking a forum once, when it was attack of the spammer. He created in excess of 50 threads. As soon as a moderator came online, I said; "Good luck, it might take a while." over the shoutbox. He then sent me a picture of the spam cleaner. It's such a smart approach to battling spam, and I'm surprised it wasn't really implemented in other leading software. Well done XenForo team, it's such a great idea.

It can be woefully deficient when dealing with some of the mass spam that's been hitting our forums. I've had to use mysql queries to soft delete thousands of threads. Yesterday, I inadvertantly turned off third party spam protection. This morning, one user had over 2500 posts. The spam tool, while useful for smaller spam, won't work in this situations. Unfortunately, there are no great solutions. I still have thousands of soft deleted spam posts in my database. Users don't see them, but I do and I wish there were a way to remove them. Hoping XF 2.0 does just that.

Crazy.. Spam bots killing me! Maybe there is some add-on or build in feature in XENFORO like, USER needs at least a profile picture (complete N percents of profile) to be able post and or start new topic

This doesn't work worth a ****.

It works perfectly fine.
I have used it hundreds of times.

Where is the "Ban user - delete all posts" button?
Right here:

upload_2014-5-6_9-57-29.webp

All it requires is some reading and setting up as per the manual.

This doesn't work worth a ****. Where is the "Ban user - delete all posts" button?
Calm down. Maybe you should have your own forum up and running then you will understand how things work.

@Brogan is correct he can see those buttons because he's a staff member. Both you and I can't because we are just members on here.

Quite by accident, I just discovered XenForo. When I saw who had developed it, I immediately purchased a license and discontinued using vB. It is features like this that I've been looking for and it will be features like this that keep me with XenForo.

Thank you so much.

I just purchased a license today. Is the license number the same as purchase ID?
Under the customer area, click on "Forum Users" and type in your name.
Sorry for being thick, but I don't see a "Forum Users" tab anywhere. I did go into the customer area and associate my forum URL with my license. While I have a purchase ID, I don't have a license number.

Top Bottom