Check Add-On update [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 232995
  • Start date Start date
I wouldn't just go and leave bad review and wrong statements on someone's work without reason.

I couldn't disagree more! You leave a 1 star review and bad statements about this AddOn and the developer because of an error you got after install beta software. He sad earlier he's already in bed and is getting back online tomorrow. You didn't give him the chance to help you out. Instead you call bad names and leave bad reviews.
So, if a developer always has to fear guys like you, who leave a bad review in a second, how is he supposed to test an addon in your opinion (and again, we're talking about a beta addon)?

Add-on releases this morning, clearly marked beta, and someone already having a tantrum.

If you don't like the add-on, don't use it. If you have issues, give the developer some time to rectify the issues rather than acting like a toddler. The developer even said he was going to sleep and clearly had no time to even respond :LOL:.

Yes, its the same issue. Other than that it seems to run fine.
No errors in the logs.

@Faust please check your server error logs to see what recent errors are in there. You can access these trough cpanel or directadmin.

Disable listeners to access the ACP - src\config.php:

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

You wrote about errors, but don't give more information that would help to help.

Mistakes can always happen. But you have not given me a chance to help. This is more than unfair and also not a proper interaction.

Besides, I have received so many submissions that I have to assume that the add-on works for most of them without any problems...
which also suggests that there are certain circumstances with them.

I think it is a great pity that you did not give me a chance.

You wrote about errors, but don't give more information that would help to help.

Mistakes can always happen. But you have not given me a chance to help. This is more than unfair and also not a proper interaction.

Besides, I have received so many submissions that I have to assume that the add-on works for most of them without any problems...
which also suggests that there are certain circumstances with them.

I think it is a great pity that you did not give me a chance.

I may apologise, I was in rush. Happy to send a PM and sort this out. If works, I would definitely remove my review.

I do use some of your addons, and they all work perfect, apart from this one . So probably got mad when 2 forums went down because of this.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available.
Sad to see this get deleted due to one person entitlement :(.

Hopefully you re-upload as this would make managing add-ons much easier for me as I usually wait several weeks to a month or more before I update (unless they're critical).

I think it is a great pity that you did not give Faust a chance to apologize.
I seriously hope you're joking here.

The apology Faust made is half assed at best; bargaining to remove a review which is mostly his own fault for installing beta software without a backup first? I don't even do that with Bob's add-ons, and I have known and trusted Bob for almost 12 years now.

I'm hoping @0815 is removing the add-on to fix the issue and releasing it again later, but if he chose not to release it at all I wouldn't blame him.

This is what idiotic comments like this cause with no patience or gratitude for free addons.

Its literally been less than twenty four hours and the entitlement is bewildering. I ran the addon almost as soon as it become available and had no issues what so ever. I wanted to come here and add positive suggestions as its a product I've wanted for a long time. The one that used to be available by the other 'large developer' was buggy for me and never worked with my set up. This worked straight away.

I hope the author reconsiders. I'd pay a small fee also.

Installed it. Impressed thus far.

Improvements I think could be made -

Upon submitting an Unsupported addon - The button you've clicked should transformed to 'Reported' with a different colour, indicating that you've already submitted. This adds further benefit to those users knowing that they've done a great thing! :D And. I have quite a few addons, and my memory is bad knowing whether I have submitted or not! :p So it will prevent you getting duplicates, or as much.

What addon page do you require? If it's on XF.com - Do you want the product page, or the history page?

So for example -
or

If it's on a private site, but not on XF.com - Do you just want the page for where it is available to purchase?

I think making the above information more clear is a good idea within the submission modal.

Thanks!! :D (Also, did you receive my multiple submissions? Not sure if it identifies who I am)
Some new things have been created! Update coming.

0815 updated Check Add-On update with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Beta 2

after the short offline phase, for which I would like to apologise. We will now continue...

But with stricter rules.
It cannot be that add-ons are reported to me with a URL that leads to the Nulled scene.

In the new version, many cosmetic improvements were made and a timeout was introduced when establishing a connection.

Only URLs that refer to a resource here on xenforo.com are allowed. Everything else can still be submitted. It will then be listed as "not supported".

This add-on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE! New Install

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestion:
If there are updates, then display an alert or notice to the superadmin. Optimally this would have a setting to turn this on/off.

I would find this really handy, because then I don't even have to log in the admincp to know if there is work to be done. If there is nothing on the front end, I can go check the next. And better yet, if it can be done with alert then I could get a push notification as soon as an update is available for the website.

I have a few false positives for upgrade -

[OzzModz] Post Deleted Placeholder 2.0.0 2 -> 2.0.0 Patch Level 2
[OzzModz] Upload Signature Picture 2.0.0 2 -> 2.0.0 Patch Level 2
Profile Banner Enhancements 1.0 -> 1.0.0

I have downloaded the most recent version and attempted to upgrade - they are already the latest. I have rebuilt just in case - it's the same :)

I have a few false positives for upgrade -

[OzzModz] Post Deleted Placeholder 2.0.0 2 -> 2.0.0 Patch Level 2
[OzzModz] Upload Signature Picture 2.0.0 2 -> 2.0.0 Patch Level 2
Profile Banner Enhancements 1.0 -> 1.0.0

I have downloaded the most recent version and attempted to upgrade - they are already the latest. I have rebuilt just in case - it's the same :)
Please read this:
The manufacturers (including myself) must ensure that the version number in the add-on is exactly the same as the version number here in the RM...

Not like an add-on: in the RM - 2022-07-05 and in the add-on 1.0.5.
Nobody can do anything with that...

I cannot distinguish this: 2.0.0 2 != 2.0.0 Patch Level 2

Here, the developers have to play along. So you have to tell them to write it in the same way.

I have already contacted @Ozzy47 . Because some of his resources contain wrong add-ons and so on. Unfortunately, he does not respond to my message. I wrote to him six days ago.

Unfortunately, there are no rules regarding the spelling of version strings.

Top Bottom