Chatbox - Realtime Chatting [Deleted]

How much bandwidth does this use. I understand the general idea of Ajax vs others. But without the constant requests. On siropu I went over 70gb in a month where we usually barely hit 2gb
Hello,

I can't really tell you, it depends on how many users will use the chatbox. But i'm pretty sure it will be much lower than AJAX requests.

JustJack updated [XS] Chatbox - Realtime Chatting with a new update entry:

Fixed bugs + added features

Fixed bugs
  • When tagging a member, this caused the text field to be flushed
  • When ban permission was revoked, sub-menu of tab would still appear empty
New Features
  • Added an option to add mini avatars in front of each message
  • Added a feature to define chatbox height using widget
  • Added an option to define the location of messages date (left, right, hidden)
Defining chatbox...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sounds great, I am looking for a very light (not too many gimmicks, just a pure choutbox) and fast chat. Your chat may be the correct one.
Hopefully the installation will work ;)

One thing is no clear, because I cound not test: Usernames come from the XenForo userbase, correct?
And will smilies be taken from the XenForo installation too? I would just love to have exactly the same smilies in forums and chat.

Would you tell us why you would like to have a refund, please? I am shortly before the decision to buy this chat, so any show blocker would be great to know...

Would you tell us why you would like to have a refund, please? I am shortly before the decision to buy this chat, so any show blocker would be great to know...

I bought it by mistake, I was going to buy another addon and a tab with this addon was opened and I clicked buy without seeing the name

Sounds great, I am looking for a very light (not too many gimmicks, just a pure choutbox) and fast chat. Your chat may be the correct one.
Hopefully the installation will work ;)

One thing is no clear, because I cound not test: Usernames come from the XenForo userbase, correct?
And will smilies be taken from the XenForo installation too? I would just love to have exactly the same smilies in forums and chat.
Yes, they both comes from XenForo databse :)

I have bought this plugin.
1. That is the most fastest chat among others (taigachat pro, siropu chat), because uses socket io
2. I didn't find 'ban' button
3. There are problems during installing chat on server. I installed socket on subdomain, it is good working with SSL encryption

Last edited:
I have bought this plugin.
1. That is the most fastest chat among others (taigachat pro, siropu chat), because uses socket io
2. I didn't find 'ban' button
3. There are problems during installing chat on server. I installed socket on subdomain, it is good working with SSL encryption
2. Did you configure the permission correctly?
3. Could you explain the problems that you encounters please ?

3. Could you explain the problems that you encounters please ?
When you want use chat via http, you don't fill 'ssl port' and fill "Server port", but script tries connect to server without port (for example, wss://100.100.100.100/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket). So you need write '100.100.100:2999' in 'Node server name (IP)' (maybe it is my error)

Yes, but i will check it again

I didn't understand how to working notification when somebody mentioned you (is_me = false, i checked it via xen:helper dump). I found line like
Code:
if (substr($message['message'], 0, 3) == '/me' && $message['message'] !== '/me')

When message contains '/me' tag???
Message contains @, i wrote function:
Code:
if ($visitor)
        {
            if (preg_match('/@'. $visitor['username'] .'/', $message['message']))
            {
                 $message['is_me'] = true;
            }
            else
            {
                $message['is_me'] = false;
            }
        }

But this function works not always... (only after reloading page)

Links open in same tab (<a> tag hasn't attribute 'target="_blank"')

When you want use chat via http, you don't fill 'ssl port' and fill "Server port", but script tries connect to server without port (for example, wss://100.100.100.100/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket). So you need write '100.100.100:2999' in 'Node server name (IP)' (maybe it is my error)

Yes, but i will check it again

I didn't understand how to working notification when somebody mentioned you (is_me = false, i checked it via xen:helper dump). I found line like
Code:
if (substr($message['message'], 0, 3) == '/me' && $message['message'] !== '/me')

When message contains '/me' tag???
Message contains @, i wrote function:
Code:
if ($visitor)
        {
            if (preg_match('/@'. $visitor['username'] .'/', $message['message']))
            {
                 $message['is_me'] = true;
            }
            else
            {
                $message['is_me'] = false;
            }
        }

But this function works not always... (only after reloading page)

Links open in same tab (<a> tag hasn't attribute 'target="_blank"')
I'll check this for your first point.

The /me "code" has nothing to do with the tag integrated.

When a message starts with "/me", the message will be in italic in the shoutbox, it's used when you want to share your status or what you are doing in most cases.

The tag is only a button that you have to press next to username in the shoutbox :)

I'll check this for your first point.

The /me "code" has nothing to do with the tag integrated.

When a message starts with "/me", the message will be in italic in the shoutbox, it's used when you want to share your status or what you are doing in most cases.

The tag is only a button that you have to press next to username in the shoutbox :)
Oh, i want to hightlight messages when somebody mentioned me

Just installed chatbox.

Great thanks for the nice piece of code.
It works really fast.

I have a question about change of the text coulour functionality. How it was designed to work?

This is how it is working on my forum.
- If text colour is chahged then only this post is in different colour. After page refresh all my posts are in same colour. Is this correct? Or colour change is per post?
- By default clour chnage shows FFFFFF, even if text goes as black.
- If you select colour and do not press Submit button, next time you want to change colour there is no second window with palette.

I would like to buy this Chat but am not allowed to start a conversation with you.
How can I buy, please?

Last edited:
Top Bottom