1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Changing text in sub-navigation bar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by oPryzeLP, Nov 3, 2014.

1. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

For some reason, I am having significant difficulties trying to fix this thing. I can't find out where it's located at all.

I want to remove the underscore in Personal_Conversations
    [​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should be a phrase used in the navigation template.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Adding to that, did you simply change the phrase conversations to read Personal Conversations or did you change the calling phrase in the template to personal_conversations?

4. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

Yes it is there, however all the other links contain underscores as well.
    Code:
     <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_account">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}">{xen:phrase personal_details}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link conversations}">{xen:phrase personal_conversations}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link account/likes}">{xen:phrase likes_received}</a></li>
                                </xen:hook>
                    </ul>

5. Brogan

Have you created the phrase?

6. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

I did not personally create anything yet pertaining to this. This is from a downloaded style. One of my users recently brought it to my attention.

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There is no personal_conversations phrase in the XenForo core. You'll need to create one, as the template is trying to call that non-existent phrase with {xen:phrase personal_conversations}.

8. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

Ah. Where do I go to create a phrase?

9. Brogan

Sounds like the style is outdated.

That phrase was replaced a long time ago.

10. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

Nevermind. Found out where to add them. :) Thanks. Worked like a charm.

For any searching users, I just added a new phrase in ACP > Appearance > Phrases

11. oPryzeLP

oPryzeLP New Member

Yes, this style was originally designed for 1.2. I had to do a lot of messing around :/