1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing domain names etc

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by TerminalAddict, Jan 11, 2011.

1. TerminalAddict

TerminalAddict Active Member

Ok .. after having asked 3 pre sales question, I just busted out my credit card :)

so now my first post sales question (without putting any thought or investigation whatsoever ;) )
    How do I go about changing domain names and what-not for an install?

I want to set the forum up on dev.domain.co.nz .. and when I'm finished go live to www.domain.co.nz, in the process I will also change the path on my host from /path/to/domain.dev/ to /path/to/domain/

Wish me luck ;) .. I'm a long time IPB admin/owner ( http://mandrivausers.org )

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Changing the install path is very simple.

Just move the files to the new directory and update ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information: Board URL

3. TerminalAddict

uploaded files into /web/domain.dev/
    completed the install.

Then moved the files /web/domain.dev/forums/
    now I get a php error:
    PHP:
    Warning: require(/web/domain.dev/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /web/domain.dev/index.php on line 8

Fatal error
    : require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/web/domain.dev/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear'in /web/domain.dev/index.php on line 8

4. TerminalAddict

I also can't see any obvious tables that hold settings?
    and a
    grep -iR domain\.dev *
    return nothing?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It seems to indicate that some files are missing.

Does Autoloader.php exist in /web/domain.dev/forums/library/XenForo ?

6. TerminalAddict

sure does, but the error is that /web/domain.dev/library/XenForo (notice it is still looking in the original directory where I installed) doesn't exist.

7. TerminalAddict

wow .. fixed it ... how does xf handle caching?

restarted apache and everything works . .could be apc.php getting in the way? or memcache (if xf uses memcache by default)

anyways .. :) thanks

8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

here is a caching thread you may find of interest:
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tip-use-apc.6456