Change thread titles in thread view into URL links

Change thread titles in thread view into URL links

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

Change thread titles in thread view into URL links (version 1.0) - A simple template edit to make it easy to load the base thread URL.

Open the thread_view template.

Find this on the second line:
HTML:
<xen:h1>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:h1>
Replace with this:
HTML:
<xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>
This does exactly the same as clicking the thread creation date so it is a bit superfluous in that respect but it makes it easy to load the base thread URL from any page of the thread.
Read more about this resource...

DRE

Hey Brogan can you please consider creating a version for the subforum title? I noticed that being able to click on it would be a more convenient way to refresh the subforum listing, especially if you had clicked on a category in the thread prefix listing modification.

subforum breadcrumb.jpg

Mick West

I like this, but the underline hover behaviour is a bit distracting. It can be removed by adding this to extra.css

Code:
h1 a:hover { 
text-decoration:none!important; 
}

ibrian

Does this still work in 1.5? Just that when I try to apply the link URL in PAGE_CONTAINER the URL simply goes to /threads/ with no thread number in the URL.

ie:

Code:
                                <h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"><xen:if
                                    is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                    is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                    />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></a></h1>