1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Link Text Colors in Default Style

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by TulsaJeff, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

I want the Username, forum name, etc. link text on the forums home page to be relative to @SecondaryDark instead of @PrimaryDark but for the life of me I can't find where to change that in the Style Property Groups..

Anyone know where that is?

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Style Properties > General > Link

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

ACP Search is your friend.

GeeksChat likes this.
  4. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

Well.. that's what I thought too but it's not changing the color when I modify that element. I have attached a screenshot of the style properties settings at Style Properties > General > Link however if you go to my forum you will see that the Username and forum names are still set to my PrimaryDarker color which is an orange color.

I have not changed any templates at all and have only manipulated the Color Palette up to this point.

Attached Files:

5. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

This is so weird.. if I change the text decoration for Style Properties > General > Link then it immediately takes effect however, if I change the color for Style Properties > General > Link from @PrimaryMedium to something else (@SecondaryDarker for example) it does nothing. Something is apparently overriding that color and I can't figure out what it it is. I have not changed any templates so what could this be?

Any further ideas?

6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Is there anything in your EXTRA.css template file?

7. Brogan

Add this to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .secondaryContent a {
    color: @SecondaryDark;
    }

8. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

EXTRA.css was empty.. I added the above and still no change. My @SecondaryDarker color is a dark brown but it is staying with whatever color is in @PrimaryMedium which is now a blue color. Shouldn't EXTRA.css take priority over everything else?

9. Brogan

Can you take a screenshot and highlight the items you want to change colour?
    I will then come up with some code for you to add to EXTRA.css.

10. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

I am wanting to be able to change the colors that are outlined in red boxes.. basically forum titles, username links, etc. as shown in the attached:

By the way, I just put in the actual hex code for the color brown instead of @SecondaryDark in EXTRA.css and it worked...

Attached Files:

11. Brogan

Try this.

Code:
    .node .nodeTitle a:link,
    .node .nodeTitle a:visited,
    .node .unread .nodeTitle a:link,
    .node .unread .nodeTitle a:visited {
    color: #cc0000;
    }

.sidebar .visitorPanel .username {
    }

.sidebar .avatarList .username {
    }
    Change the #cc0000 to suit, replacing it with @primaryDark or similar.

TulsaJeff likes this.
  12. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff New Member

Thank you.. That will work;-)

GeeksChat likes this.