Lack of interest Change in Style Properties to allow multiple CSS tabs

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dad.

I have this minor suggestion, which I doubt will be changed since it fixes a minor problem. But, it also makes CSS much more object-oriented.

Currently, lets take a chunk of CSS with a property. Some code for the top and bottom breadcrumb wrapper:

Code:
.breadBoxTop,
.breadBoxBottom
{
@property "breadBox";
padding: 10px 5px;
margin: 0 -5px;
overflow: hidden;
zoom: 1;
clear: both;
@property "/breadBox";
}

Normally I am working with multiple tabs with different templates. This one is in breadcrumb.css. If I make a change to the style property while I have, say, PAGE_CONTAINER open and I save PAGE_CONTAINER, the changes that I've made to the property get reverted. Now this isn't the biggest problem in the world, just work in one tab or be very careful about what you edit. But I was thinking about a method that might stop this from happening.

What if instead of loading the property and the contents of that property you just load what you want. For example, if I was making another breadcrumb, not sure why I would, but lets say I was, I would do something like this:

Code:
.breadBoxOther
{
<xen:property "breadBox" cssload="margin,clear,padding" />
background: red;
}

And this would grab the items from the property and load them so the output would be:

Code:
padding: 10px 5px;
margin: 0 -5px;
clear: both;

The main thing this fixes is basically the ability to work inside multiple tabs.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom