XF 2.2 Change forum type, downsides for id's or seo?

Black Tiger

I would like to set several of my forums from Discussion to Question type.
When I click the button, there is a warning for a risk about data loss.

I don't know when that data loss can occur, only when changing to articles or also to questions or....

Would changing a normal discussion type forum, in which moest of the threads are questions anyway, to a question type forum give loss for SEO and search engines? Or doesn't it make any difference?
Are threads created in a different way in question-only type forums? I don't know if it's wise to do this or it's better to create a mixed forum. However, users mostly will be using the discussion type then.

Solution
It doesn't make any difference to search engines or SEO.

The issue related to data loss pertains to posts which have been marked as the answer, suggestion threads, etc.
Changing the thread type will result in that sort of content from being removed.
It doesn't make any difference to search engines or SEO.

The issue related to data loss pertains to posts which have been marked as the answer, suggestion threads, etc.
Changing the thread type will result in that sort of content from being removed.

Solution
Ah oke, then I'm reassured. At this moment it's discussion only so there are no things marked as answer or suggestions.
Then I can start testing with a couple. Thank you.

Top Bottom