• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Categorize Forum "addon releases"

Marcus

More than 300 addon releases is great. I just don't find them. I am only tempted to switch to xenforo now after I saw that there is a bbcode addon available. Try it with prefixes or subforums, but there has to be a categorization until the resource manager is available.

The far majority of the addons is of high quality and you should promote them as much as you can.

Marcus

My suggestion is to make an intermediate solution until the resource manager is there. Addons play a very large part of creating a community with xenforo or switching to xenforo. I therefore think the intermediate solution would be something very profitable and that could be done from non-coders so that would not take away development time from the core software :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That's a lot of work for an interim solution.

I certainly don't have time to categorise and edit 300 threads.

Marcus

There is really a huge list of addons available, although I read around some threads about why there are so few one available. I also thought about giving the coders a notice to change the thread title that it starts with the category, but without thread title editing the addon creators also could not be of help, I see.

Russ

I just think the time and hassle of sorting through the add-on section now is not worth it considering it will probably need to be re-done once the resource manager is out.

XenForo has a really strong search engine, so I would suggestion searching "titles only" for now in the resource section to find specifics.

Marcus

I'd let someone make a thread with all the current addons listed in categories for a xenforo license :) I do thinks like this on my community :) I have looked at the addons, and there are highly quality ones even on page 5 or 9 you find very good ones.

dieketzer

i was going to suggest that mod authors could add their own prefix. then i realised that i had no idea whether members are allowed to manage their own prefixes.
so i looked, and it appears we cannot. i hope i have the option of allowing my own members to use thread prefixes.

Divvens

After I've read this thread I've started working on creating a directory (through post) which lists all add-ons. That would be the basic directory.

It'll at first list all add-ons alphabetically, then slowly over time I'll arrange it categorically. I've already completed gather links from around 8 pages of add-ons (I'm also trying not to add no more supported add-ons/compatibility issues etc). I'll mostly have the thread up tomorrow!

Marcus

After I've read this thread I've started working on creating a directory (through post) which lists all add-ons. That would be the basic directory.

It'll at first list all add-ons alphabetically, then slowly over time I'll arrange it categorically. I've already completed gather links from around 8 pages of add-ons (I'm also trying not to add no more supported add-ons/compatibility issues etc). I'll mostly have the thread up tomorrow!
Now that sounds great!

Digital Doctor

Any luck ?