• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest CAPTCHA Idea (Colors/Shapes)

I posted this elsewhere and it fell on deaf ears. Maybe it could be helpful here...

I saw this the other day at a friend's house and had him send me a screenshot. I honestly do not know what site this came from, so I can't give a lot of detail. The CAPTCHA shown uses a mix of shapes above letters that you must select. From what he told me, it sometimes does colors instead and other times a mix of colored shapes. Thought it might be a good addition to do a CAPTCHA similar to this.

<< See attached >>

Ideas for options on this type of CAPTCHA:
  • Select letters/numbers below specific shapes
  • Select letters/numbers of a specific color
  • Select letters/numbers below specific shapes of a specific color
  • Select letters/numbers below anything except specific shapes
  • Select letters/numbers anything except a specific color
  • Select letters/numbers below anything except specific shapes of a specific color

Attachments

Maybe, however it would be an option. The wording can be done in such a way and randomized so that the requirement (whether be color, shape, or NOT color or shape), or even a totally different CAPTCHA each time, but would not be the same each time. No CAPTCHA is perfect, but the idea here is to give options.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
That's likely easier to defeat because the shapes tell you where the letters are. You can process the shapes (easily) and slice to the individual letters.