1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Can't upload a pdf

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by wickedstangs, Jan 6, 2012.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Presumably pdf is an allowed attachment type and the maximum attachment size is greater than the file?

Are both sites on the same server?

3. Trekkan

Trekkan Well-Known Member

I just had the same issue oddly enough and was able to resolve it. Check the the last post in this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/unable-to-attach-any-files.25584/

Sounds like it could be the same issue since you said it works fine on another server, probably the Apache config setting.

4. wickedstangs

both sites are on the same server.. And looked at the allowed attachments and both are the same..

I just noticed this from both sites..
    WS
    ws.JPG

MFM
    mfm.JPG

could I have a early release on my other site..? The image show on order difference.. Not sure if it matters...

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The order isn't important - I believe several groups have the same display order priority.

However, I note that you have at least one add-on installed on WS, so I would look there for the issue.

Try disabling them one at a time.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it happen with all attachments or only pdfs? Or only that one pdf?

I have seen this caused by using the flash uploader on a forum that is behind htaccess:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Use Flash Uploader

The flash uploader simply doesn't work behind htaccess.

7. wickedstangs

That worked...