Browser issue  Can't paste from clipboard into template [b6]

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

I am on Mac OSX 10.6.6 with Safari/Chrome and in both I can't paste from clipboard into a template from beta 6.

Alpha 3 / Beta 5 existing upgraded boards or fresh installs: Paste works fine.
In beta 6 it just pretends to paste and doesn't actually show any data.

Very strange.

Anybody else experienced this?

Close all browsers, go to plain text, copy "hello" into clipboard, go to beta 5 > admin.php > appearance > templates > member_view edit > paste > shows hello

Repeat, now on beta 6, and it wont paste.

Same happens on windows also. Im using latest version on Chrome on Windows 7. Tried to edit the same template as above with some content on the clipboard and it doesnt paste.

Thank you guys for testing for me, glad to find out it's not my computer setup or something strange like a browser plugin.

This is very annoying I have this issue also, so what I had to do was copy the whole template's code into notepad++ then edit it from there then copy and paste the whole entire code back into the template and then it worked, I had to delete all the codes first from the template.

This has happened for some time with Chrome - it's not new to beta 6 in my experience. It appears to be a browser bug, but I'm not positive what causes it. You should still be able to paste into an empty field (I know this applies to <input type="text" />, don't know about textareas off hand).

This has happened for some time with Chrome - it's not new to beta 6 in my experience. It appears to be a browser bug, but I'm not positive what causes it. You should still be able to paste into an empty field (I know this applies to <input type="text" />, don't know about textareas off hand).
I've only ever had this problem with xenforo text areas in chrome though. Never any other text areas (such as gmail reply form. (edit, gmail use <body contenteditable=""></body>)

Same problem here. Safari, Chrome on Mac -- Chrome in Windows.

I hope this gets fixed. Makes it tough to make edits.

Note: Copy and paste works in .css files, but not templates.

Then it must be web kit, but I never had this in the past, and I copy/paste from every alpha to latest beta, and it's only happening on beta6 for me. I have every instance running on my area51. That said, I found out about it on Safari, Chrome was used to confirm it.

Anyway. feedback

I fixed it on Chrome by double clicking on the code I wanted to copy. That copied the 'blank space' around the code as well. Copy and the Paste and it worked. Not sure why. I

Top Bottom