1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Can't Delete Avatar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by wickedstangs, Oct 18, 2011.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

The following error occurred:

unlink(/home/gmntmare/public_html/community/data/avatars/l/0/1.jpg) [function.unlink]: Permission denied
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. unlink() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 384
    3. XenForo_Model_Avatar->deleteAvatar() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 494
    4. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gmntmare/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is a permission problem on the server. If you have shell access to your server then run these commands to ensure both directories are fully writable:

Code:
    chmod -R 777 /home/gmntmare/public_html/community/data/
    chmod -R 777 /home/gmntmare/public_html/community/internal_data/

Or many FTP programs can set permissions recursively, but it's slower than a shell command.

3. wickedstangs

Do I make all files and directories?

4. wickedstangs

Ok, I did all directories and it worked.. thank you for your help... Jake

5. Jake Bunce

Only data/ and internal_data/ need to be writable.

6. wickedstangs

I did only the data and internal folder and it didn't work... So I did all directories and it worked?

7. Jake Bunce

It is definitely not necessary to do all directories. But it is necessary to recursively set permissions (which includes all subdirectories) for data/ and internal_data/.