1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Cannot Revert Template

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DRE, Jan 28, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to revert the ad_message_below template I get this message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Raw.php on line 5

This problem is directly related to this thread.

I'm able to revert templates except for this one. I am running Xenforo 1.1.1.

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It won't even let me delete the template.

3. Kent

Kent Active Member

Have you checked your error logs? /admin.php?logs/server-error

Sounds like the script is getting locked up infinite on something, did you disable all mods first?

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'm in de-bug
    I disabled all add-ons and entered this in the config file

Code:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false; 
    I tried it again and am getting the same error listed above.

This is from my server error log aroudn the times I tried to revert the templates.

Code:

[28-Jan-2012 03:39:17] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php on line 117
    [28-Jan-2012 03:40:28] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Raw.php on line 5
    [28-Jan-2012 03:48:32] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/If.php on line 52
    [28-Jan-2012 03:49:36] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Abstract.php on line 21
    [28-Jan-2012 05:53:31] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 554
    [28-Jan-2012 06:16:18] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 800
    [28-Jan-2012 06:28:25] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20238 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 370
    [28-Jan-2012 06:34:09] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20300 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php on line 95
    [28-Jan-2012 06:34:52] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20222 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 30
    [28-Jan-2012 06:35:46] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20238 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 370
    [28-Jan-2012 06:41:58] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11481 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 30

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In general these timeouts are a consequence of having too many styles such that template changes take a long time. Try removing any styles you don't use.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I've deleted 7 styles. I'm creating a new parent style since only the ad_message_below template in the parent style is timing out.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Alright. I figured out the problem. Xenforo won't let me apply the Post Rating template edit to this parent style's ad_message_below template if it has around 3 children styles. I'm pretty annoyed but I know this is new software so whatever. I basically have to edit that template for each style just to get it to work.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

What I learned from all of this is that although it's not good to have so many styles, I can avoid problems like this by applying the edit directly to the template instead of doing it the easy way (creating a parent style and letting your edits follow down to the child styles).

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Solution

In php.ini change this

Code:
    max_execution_time = 60
    60 should be good enough

10. Adam Howard

If you get a memory issue error

In php.ini look for
    Code:
    memory_limit =
    Try one of these values

= 32M
    = 128M
    = 256M

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Mr. Viz! I'mma try this when I get home.

TheVisitors likes this.
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Where is php.ini ?

13. Adam Howard

For Debian / Ubuntu

It should be located at

/ect/php5/apache2/php.ini