1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Resource manager act like a bookmark?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Crimson, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Crimson

Crimson Member

Say that I have a collection of books submitted. Does the resource manager allow members to add certain books to a "bookmark" as either completed or ongoing?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't say I totally follow, though if you create a demo, you can play with the RM from the administrator's stand point. It doesn't sound like it's really targeted at what you're after though.
    Crimson likes this.
  3. AlexKim

AlexKim Member

I think the prefix will do the job, once the book is completed, the Uploader can update their prefix from Onggoing to Completed?
    Crimson likes this.
  4. Crimson

Crimson Member

I was hoping something like this (http://myanimelist.net/anime.php) could be achieved?

The features include (there are more, but these are primary):
    • Reviewing a series submission
    • Being able to add it to your profile so others know what series you're interested in
    • Being able to share it or "recommend it" to others
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You may be able to use the RM as a base to do something like that, but I think you'd need to do a fair amount of custom development to use it as in the provided link.

In terms of your base requirements, there are sharing links and there are resource reviews. There isn't anything that appears on your profile though (aside from the resources you submit).