1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone else see this site?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peggy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

http://7wcc.org

This organizations website used to be on another server. I've been hired to build a new website for them, using Wordpress, at their request. The company they've been hosting with doesn't support MySQL or PHP, so I will be hosting it on my VPS. The previous company changed their domain to point to my servers' IP address back on Wednesday.

Soooooooooooo I tried to upload the new files to their account via ftp just a little while ago and got this error on the ftp:

When I click on the domain, all I see is
    INDEX of /
    cgi-bin

I'm assuming that the domain is still pointing to the other server?

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

7wcc.org.jpg
    I see this.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The directory is empty except for the cgi subdirectory. There is no index.html

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I see, thanks. And I think I have it figured out. I'm guessing that the domain hasn't propagated yet, tho I would think that after 2 days, it should have.
    Anyway, I had given it a dedicated IP address. So when connecting to the site via ftp just now, I put the ip address in the host address box instead of the domain, and connected fine.

I hate it that it takes so long for domains to propagate.

5. Digital Doctor

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep. And they've hired me to basically built an all-new site.

7. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

What's the site about?

Also,
    Code:
     [B]Warning[/B]: require(./wp-blog-header.php) [[URL='http://www.7wcc.org/function.require']function.require[/URL]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [B]/home/wcc7/public_html/index.php[/B] on line [B]17[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: require(./wp-blog-header.php) [[URL='http://www.7wcc.org/function.require']function.require[/URL]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [B]/home/wcc7/public_html/index.php[/B] on line [B]17[/B]

[B]Fatal error[/B]: require() [[URL='http://www.7wcc.org/function.require']function.require[/URL]]: Failed opening required './wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [B]/home/wcc7/public_html/index.php[/B] on line [B]17
    [/B]

8. Digital Doctor

7th Ward Citizens Coalition is a non-partisan organization that attempts to make conditions in the 7th Ward better through organized unity to solve its issues of ...

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

10. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Yep loads fine

Peggy likes this.
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all

12. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Hope you have fun with it all ;)

Peggy likes this.
  13. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I love the default page :p

Peggy likes this.
  14. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

www.7wcc.org resolves to the ip address of your VPS for me.

15. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I would check the DNS settings for this account on your VPS, the address www.7wcc.org points to your server but redirects to 7wcc.org which does not have an address at present. It looks like you have an A record for www but not for just the plain domain name.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Showed up for me.

17. Digital Doctor

18. gib

gib Active Member

The www DNS A-record for 7wcc.org is correctly pointing at your new site, but it looks like there is no wildcard * DNS A-record for 7wcc.org
    If you have access to the DNS admin for 7wcc.org, change the * wildcard entry to point to the same as the www DNS A-record
    If you don't have access, then you will need to ask the DNS record owner to update the * A-record

19. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

SAme here