Can´t upload new Avatar

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
B

bogus

I´ve tried to change my old Avatar pic, i have imported from vb4, but i cant. The Picture wont change after my board uploaded it successfully.
Rights are set to allowed, data and internal_data is set to 777. If i delete the old avatar it changes into the xenforo standart. If i try to upload another picture i get "All attachments succesfully uploaded" but it does not change....

Have you used the avatar editor (pop-up) for removing and uploading your avatar? yourName -> Avatar. I just checked this and could not duplicate. I checked the check box to delete my old avatar, ensured Use Custom Avatar was selected, and pressed the browse button to upload a new avatar.

The confirmation on a successful avatar upload is: Upload Completed Successfully. There should be no confirmation about attachments.

Have you used the avatar editor (pop-up) for removing and uploading your avatar? yourName -> Avatar <-- Yes
I checked the check box to delete my old avatar, ensured Use Custom Avatar was selected, and pressed the browse button to upload a new avatar. <-- Did exactly the same

Well i was trying that. Deleting the old Avatar. Went back to the standart one.
Then i uploaded mine, message:"Upload completed successfully" and i get my old Avatar i deleted just before.... Very strange

Which version of software are you running?
Have you made any changes to the style, files, add-ons, etc?

I'm not seeing this issue on my local or live installs (beta 4 and 5) or here.

I am running the newest Beta with the following addons installed:
  • AzuCloud 0.0.2
  • ragtek New User Thread 1.0.0
  • rpgBridge 1.0 - private addon to include an extrernal rpg game side
  • The Happy Place 1.0
  • VigLink 1.0
  • [8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.0.4
  • [GP] Donations 1.1.2
I also installed
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hide-breadcrumb-on-index-page.9585/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-advertisements-with-template-edits.6218/

Also some changes to different Templates to get it fit to my suits
May i give you an admin account to have a look yourself?

Hmmm, there seems to be an issue with images in general.

This is what I get after uploading an avatar:
upload_avatar.webp

And this is what I see when logging in to the ACP:
admin.webp

I've seen this problem before, I need to see if I can find the thread to see what the issue was.

It's set to off.
I'm not sure what could be the cause of the problem then :confused:

I just checked the URL of my avatar and it doesn't exist, even though the software has it set as "data/avatars/l/0/210.jpg"

Can you try disabling your add-ons and/or creating a new style?

Hmm, thats bad, even if you do not know ;)

Done. The new Style is added, all addons are diabled
If u want/need, i can send you a ftp account too?!
Send you a ftp account to private

edit\ Hmm... I.ve done a xenforo test installation. There it works

edit\ Hmm... I.ve done a xenforo test installation. There it works
Is that on the same server?

I suspect it might be something to do with an add-on.
Even though you have disabled them, there might be something still causing problems.
It could even be a conflict between multiple add-ons.

You could try enabling debug mode and/or checking the error log in the ACP.

I'm just having a look in the ACP and on the server now and I can't see any errors/logs at all.

I would systematically start removing each add-on completely to try and identify the cause.

Have you made any file edits apart from the add-ons?

Edit: I've just noticed your sub-directories in /data/avatars are 755. I suspect an add-on has changed those from 777 which could be the cause of the problem.

I'm fairly sure it was the permissions on the sub-directories, I seem to recall someone else had the same problem after installing an add-on.

I'll see if I can find the thread and whether it is the same add-on.

You should disable debug mode now as it's not recommended to run that on a live site.

WOT? :eek:
Oh Dear, I really have to thank you. Almost deleted all addons, also the Wiki ;)

Oh ok.. Brogan.. Once again you helped me a lot. I owe you something...

All the evidence points to one of the add-ons then.
The only way to find out which one would be to install each one in turn and then check the directory permissions.

Don't forget to disable debug mode :)

Top Bottom