• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Can´t change avatar picture

Hi, do anyone knows why I can´t change the avatar picture on my forums? When i click on the default avatar, to change it, I get a

Following error ocurred:
404 Not Found
nginx/1.4.2

Thanks!

Tracy Perry

Hi, do anyone knows why I can´t change the avatar picture on my forums? When i click on the default avatar, to change it, I get a

Following error ocurred:
404 Not Found
nginx/1.4.2

Thanks!
Permissions set correctly on /data and /internal_data and all files/directories below it?
Additionally what does your nginx error log reflect?

Permissions set correctly on /data and /internal_data and all files/directories below it?
Additionally what does your nginx error log reflect?
Sorry, how exactly do I check the permissions?
There is no error log about this too..

What's the actual URL you are getting the 404 on?
There isn´t a url, when I´m at my profile page and click the avatar picture to change it, a pop-up window comes up with the message.

Tracy Perry

Sorry, how exactly do I check the permissions?
There is no error log about this too..
Depends on whether you are accessing your server via SSH or via a panel (cPanel, etc). In cPanel (and the other panels) you should have a file explorer/browser. You can check the permissions (they should be 777 for those two directories and the ones below them).
If using cPanel a nice little tutorial can be found at http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/cpanel/file_permissions.htm

Depends on whether you are accessing your server via SSH or via a panel (cPanel, etc). In cPanel (and the other panels) you should have a file explorer/browser. You can check the permissions (they should be 777 for those two directories and the ones below them).
If using cPanel a nice little tutorial can be found at http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/cpanel/file_permissions.htm
It´s via SSH, but I have a guy to make that for me.. What should I ask him?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This is something outside XF. I've confirmed the issue, but you can see the issue by putting "/avatar" at the end of your root domain URL -- even though "/avatars" gives a 404 as expected.

You've specified something somewhere in your nginx config that involves the word "avatar".

He just found out why it was happening. My server was caching TAR archives, and the url ends is TAR (avaTAR)
Lol, it looks like a joke, but its not. Now it only caches .tar, and its working. Thanks everyone!