Calling All Baseball Fans

John L.

Well last night was a great night for baseball. Tons of dramatic finishes and peaked interest all around in the final games of the season. Personally, I'm a Yankees fan so watching the Red Sox blow it in the 9th was pure enjoyment for me...even if that meant my Yankees gave up a 7-run lead with their AAA pitchers.

So what are your thoughts on the finish to the 2011 regular season? Is your team playoff bound or are they sitting out? What did you guys think of the Red Sox and Braves blowing it in the end?

World Series: Phillies vs. Rangers
Winner: Phillies in 6
MVP: Cliff Lee or Hunter Pence

Why the Phillies?
Tale of the tape:
Home Field Advantage: Yes
Wins: 102 wins (franchise record)
Runs allowed: 529 (best in the league)
Run differential; +184 (second best in the league/first among teams that do not use a DH)
Pitching:
Starters: 2.86 ERA (best since 1985)
4 10-game winners (Oswalt came up short at 9)

The offense Hunter Pence added after the trade makes the Phillies unstoppable. They clinched home field through the playoffs early and could start resting starters.

World Series: Phillies vs. Rangers
Winner: Phillies in 6
MVP: Cliff Lee or Hunter Pence

Why the Phillies?
Tale of the tape:
Home Field Advantage: Yes
Wins: 102 wins (franchise record)
Runs allowed: 529 (best in the league)
Run differential; +184 (second best in the league/first among teams that do not use a DH)
Pitching:
Starters: 2.86 ERA (best since 1985)
4 10-game winners (Oswalt came up short at 9)

The offense Hunter Pence added after the trade makes the Phillies unstoppable. They clinched home field through the playoffs early and could start resting starters.

Phillies look good, definitely look like the favs to win it all but we all know how favorites can turn out. I think if we get passed Verlander in Game 1 we have a good shot at taking the series. Their rotation isn't that great behind him (other than Fister). I personally would much rather see an '09 rematch.

Phillies spotted the Cards 3 runs on the first three batters (S, W, & HR), then came back to stomp the life out of them. Halladay blew through 21 straight batters.

Too bad NYY rained out. Want the Yanks to win so that the Rangers break them.

Big scare for the Rangers starting out. Falling behind 2 games in a 5 game series is almost always a death sentence.

A Rangers vs Cardinals would an awesome World Series.

I think MLB will disagree. They're already pissed at the LCS ratings. But if I want anyone to win it at this point I would want the Brewers to win it because they have some extreme energy and passion going right now. I also like Morgan he is crazy lol.

I think MLB will disagree. They're already pissed at the LCS ratings. But if I want anyone to win it at this point I would want the Brewers to win it because they have some extreme energy and passion going right now. I also like Morgan he is crazy lol.
It's a shame that the most interesting baseball matchups are rarely the ones that draw the most ratings.

But I don't care, last year's World Series was one of the best I've seen in a while.

Rangers all the way.....
They got a great shot so long as their offense stays hot. Wasn't so much tonight. Now all Detroit needs is another home win and they're right back in it.

Right now, I'd have to say the Cards are going to win the NL. If they pull out a win tomorrow with Carpenter, I think it's a done deal.

Top Bottom