1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caching or Speed Enhancing

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brandon Chelo, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Brandon Chelo

Brandon Chelo Member

Hi guys,
    Im fully converted over from vbulletin but noticed a bit of a lag. How do I enable file cache? I read it in a thread but i could not get it to work.

my website is onehitgamer.com anyone else knowing a lag?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

If you run your own server, you might want to enable/install APC (see here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tip-use-apc.6456/) which will dramatically increase your speed.

If you're still struggling with things like lag, try delaying your cron jobs or disabling most images for guests. Remember, most things are cached by the browser anyway (images, CSS, JS).

3. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Aye very slow for me here on loading a new page on your site (only sometimes tho)

4. Brandon Chelo

Brandon Chelo Member

Yeaa got to try apc, but some pages load fast others slow it is also on a dedicated server..let me go install apc

5. Brandon Chelo

Brandon Chelo Member

i installed apc but its not caching anything. added this to the config and nothing seems to be caching but it is working
    onehitgamer.com/apc.php

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

do you need all that?
    fwiw, i find the most dramatic improvement to apache is to simply disable logging, save errors.
    in this age of google analytics, theres not much benefit in logging anymore anyway. i think the last time i fired up something like awstats was like... 3 years ago at least.