Bump a Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Bump a Thread (version 1.0.0) - A new permission for "bumping" a thread, taking it to the top of the threads list

Bump a thread, without making a post. Just click on "Bump". Done.

Bump is positioned on the first post, always. Just find the link next to the Edit Post link, and send the thread to the top.

View attachment 26584

Only the users that you give permissions can bump the thread. Either give the permission to a usergroup, or give it to a moderator on that particular forum, or create User Permissions for a person in the forum.

View attachment 26582

Firstly thankyou for developing this add-on I requested this add-on over a year ago and never thought I'd see it made. It works exactly how I suggested it so very appreciative of your efforts and it's working great on my forum. Excellent job indeed Rigel.

Not sure whether your taking suggestions and no worries if your not but the suggestion is could we have bump thread abilities from within the threadlistings? I've mockup a screeny on 2 alternatives if you are accommodating requests. This makes it easy to bump threads when those pages start spanning to x amount. Thanks in advance and again for an excellent contribution.

bumpthreadlisting.webp

Firstly thankyou for developing this add-on I requested this add-on over a year ago and never thought I'd see it made. It works exactly how I suggested it so very appreciative of your efforts and it's working great on my forum. Excellent job indeed Rigel.

Not sure whether your taking suggestions and no worries if your not but the suggestion is could we have bump thread abilities from within the threadlistings? I've mockup a screeny on 2 alternatives if you are accommodating requests. This makes it easy to bump threads when those pages start spanning to x amount. Thanks in advance and again for an excellent contribution.

That is indeed possible (I would need to modify the thread model so you can add it with a template edit anywhere) (with a {$thread.canBump} condition

Minor stuff, but I can't just add it in the position you show it, because, well, turns out there is no hook there ! :) Of course with a template edit it could be added. There is a hook above (where the lock icon is), but not next to the Edit link.

That is indeed possible (I would need to modify the thread model so you can add it with a template edit anywhere) (with a {$thread.canBump} condition

Minor stuff, but I can't just add it in the position you show it, because, well, turns out there is no hook there ! :) Of course with a template edit it could be added. There is a hook above (where the lock icon is), but not next to the Edit link.

That would be appreciated Rigel I wouldn't mind making the template edit.

I'm just wondering whether it would be worth requesting for a hook to be added in that location.

But anyway, Excellent add-on Rigel a really welcomed addition. (y)

I'm just wondering whether it would be worth requesting for a hook to be added in that location.

I requested the hook, just so it's easier in next releases
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-hooks.7909/page-10#post-333333

I'll add it above, and if you really want to, you can do the template edit to align it with "Edit"

screen-shot-2012-03-03-at-2-41-16-pm-png.26604

I added the link. If you want to do the template edit so it gets aligned with "Edit" it goes like this ...

1. The template xfa_bump_thread_thread_list_option
has the link to Bump the thread. Copy the contents of that template, and delete all it's content, so the option won't appear twice.

2. In the template thread_list_item
add the code just inside

Code:
                <div class="controls faint">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.canEditThread}"><a href="{xen:link 'threads/list-item-edit', $thread}" class="EditControl">{xen:phrase edit}</a></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions} AND {$thread.email_subscribe}">{xen:phrase email}</xen:if>
                </div>

e.g.

Code:
                <div class="controls faint">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.canEditThread}"><a href="{xen:link 'threads/list-item-edit', $thread}" class="EditControl">{xen:phrase edit}</a></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions} AND {$thread.email_subscribe}">{xen:phrase email}</xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$thread.canBump}">
            <a href="{xen:link threads/bump, $thread, 'from_list=1'}" class="Bump">{xen:phrase xfa_bump_thread_bump}</a>
    </xen:if>
                </div>

Your a star Rigel. Thanks alot for the update and time in posting the necessary code. Very much appreciated. :)(y)

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Bump a Thread (version 1.0.2) - A new permission for "bumping" a thread, taking it to the top of the threads list

Bump a thread, without making a post. Just click on "Bump". Done.

Bump is positioned on the first post, always. Just find the link next to the Edit Post link, and send the thread to the top.

View attachment 26677

Only the users that you give permissions can bump the thread. Either give the permission to a usergroup, or give it to a moderator on that particular forum, or create User Permissions for a person in the forum.

View attachment 26676

Read more about this resource...

There is already an addon floris released here (XenFans.com - Thread Timestamp) however since it's not supported anymore I was wondering if you could add a feature that would also update thread and within the posts time stamps?

Thanks (y)

It would basicly bump the thread also in the latest messages & threads - What's New Page. I don't know maybe you're right, but seems like a good idea :P

I implement it so only moderators & admins are able to use it. What I personally use this excellent add-on for is to bump those "sticky/closed" guideline section area threads I don't want to post in but want to bump to make members aware of the the rules. I also use it to bump sticky threads I've stickied like graphic program lists I compiled, or maybe an announcement that has been buried down the threadlistings that I want members to take note of.

Alot of times notices can serve this purpose but it's more convenient at times for the silent bump add-on to be used on certain occasions.

Hi Shelley! Thanks for telling me more how I could use this add-on. It's more like an administration tool then, I guess? I understand that you don't let your members bump threads. Maybe that's a good idea :)

Any limit of frequency? I know staff would not abuse it but would it be possible to somehow add a way to limit it's use on a thread to maybe once every x days? And then leave 0 for no limit.

Top Bottom