[021] Unlimited scroll [Deleted]

This is supposed to work on the "What's New" page right? Doesn't seem to work on my forum.

No, this only works in forums and resource manager
So what is this option for?

screenshot-4124.jpg

Reactions: 021
So what is this option for?

screenshot-4124.jpg
Oh, cool, I forgot that I implemented this feature)) On the whats new main page, scrolling does not work, because there are posts of different types and there is no general pagination for the page. Add-on should work in New posts, New profile posts, New resources tabs

Any chance this could be made permission based? For those of us running the ignore content plugin, there is no way to click the show ignored content at the bottom of the page now. Its a small issue but one that a few of my members have raised.

Sorry guys, I'm not interested in this add-on yet – it's unlikely to receive any improvements this year.
However, if there is a sponsor who wants to bring this add-on to perfection, I will be ready to do so (it will cost more than a XenForo license).

Cheers 🤙

Thank you. Could I pay for you to add this option?
It's possible. Contact me in private messages.

Hello,
nice add-on and thanks for sharing it - I play a litle bit around with but found some points for optimisations.

When I set the "Load the a next page contents when X percent of a page is scrolled" not to 100% to make the scrolling feels smother, then I dont see for a long time the footer and so in many cases the impressum or contact form eg. I try 80% so the scrolling feels better, but now ... in some cases I scroll/swipe me to death to come to the footer. ;-)

Suggestions:
  • On smartphones and large threads it take a lot off scolling/swiping to come to the editor/footer - I see 2 possible ways for a better solution:
    • make optional the footer also floating like the nav menu is - and add at footer a "to editor" button
    • or make a floating button "go to end" like the up/down buttons to realy scoll down to the editor/footer
  • When I use the add-on, the up/down arrow buttons works a other way as without the add-on in some cases. On large pages, up works like it should (go to nave menu, to top) but the down arrow jumps me only to the nex virtual page footer but not to the real site footer or editor eg.
    There a better solution is be needed I think.

Edit:
Funny - when I click an "down" button, its be linked to "#footer", then it brings me only to the virtual page down place and not realy to footer. That works like a link like this one example:
Code:
https://www.my-forum.de/forums/my-subforum.63/#footer
But when I put at this moment a link like
Code:
https://www.my-forum.de/forums/my_subforum.63/page-135#footer
in the browser - it jumps me to the real page end to my footer.
So when it would be possible to read/find out the latest page number we can modify the "down" button to do what they should do?
But I think it would bei easier to make a floating footer...

I found on another site/forum such a solution in combination with infinite scrolling and found this a litle bit handier:
Screenshot_101.jpg

In such a floating (or its telled fixed?) footer you can also put a "answer" button I think to fastly go to editor and have a working solution within threads. :)

Last edited:
@021
I have normal forums and subforums and such who are article forums. In normal thread list forums, it works great.
But in article forums it infinite scrolls only the first page so you neve come down to the footer.

I know - it doesnt works with article forums - but how can I disable unlimited scrolling for the hand full article forums I have?

Could it be possible to implement an option that makes the feature available only to logged-in members?

Top Bottom