[BS] Scheduled posting [Deleted]

Actually, now there is no "scheduled" option on reply.

Hmmmm... is there a setting individual board level to switch scheduled content on and off?

No, the other way around.

Scheduled replies work.

There is no schedule option when creating a new thread. Have reverted to default styling, still nothing.

So there definitely is something wrong with 1.1.2, I had this issue with 1.1.2 active. Tried to reinstall as well and didn't fix it. Removing it, and switching back to 1.1.1, that's what resolved being able to schedule post with new threads.

So there definitely is something wrong with 1.1.2, I had this issue with 1.1.2 active. Tried to reinstall as well and didn't fix it. Removing it, and switching back to 1.1.1, that's what resolved being able to schedule post with new threads.
.it was fixed, but not published here. Sorry, I don't have time now.

Hi, would it be possible to have the option for the thread creator to add replies to a scheduled thread? Then the entire thread with replies can be posted at the scheduled time?

Hi, would it be possible to have the option for the thread creator to add replies to a scheduled thread? Then the entire thread with replies can be posted at the scheduled time?
Hello. I recorded your idea, perhaps it will be implemented in the future.

@021 thankyou for this add-on.

Been testing it out on my test forum and it's great. However, unfortunately, it's not possible to reschedule an article, or to pause scheduling it, only to edit or delete it, which prevents me from using your add-on. Would it be possible for you to add that functionality?

To see the kind of publishing functionality I'm thinking of, please create a free WordPress account and see how it works on there. It's just a few extra functions around publication which will make such a big difference for myself and all your other users.

Last edited:
Been testing it out on my test forum and it's great. However, unfortunately, it's not possible to reschedule an article, or to pause scheduling it, only to edit or delete it, which prevents me from using your add-on. Would it be possible for you to add that functionality?
You can edit posting date when editing post and thread

.is this an isolated case or were there other similar ones?

Ahh I have dug through and found out that when you are on RTL (Arabic) site, this happens but when I switch to LTR (English) it works fine. Do you what could be causing this issue?

aaaaaa.webp

aaaa11.webp

Possibly a localization problem. There is no problem with RTL in English.
What do you mean by a Localised problem? If you switch language you get what I got in the images attached in my previous post. Go ahead and give it a try yourself. But if you keep the language to English, there is no issue. The issue only happens on RTL site. You can test it yourself if you want on a fresh XF installation.

You can edit posting date when editing post and thread
Yes, you're quite right, my bad. I've finally had another look and I see one has to click the widget at the top right of the post. I'd expected the scheduling to appear in the same place as before.

Very handy. Thankyou, great add-on. (y)

It's not working for me unfortunately. I added it to my production XF install and it behaves like it's not there. However, it works just fine on the test install on my home PC.

I tried restarting the add-on and also rebuilding it, but no difference. I'm running the latest XF 2.2.5 and PHP 806.

@021 any ideas why? This add-on is critical to my site.

Last edited:
@021 any ideas why? This add-on is critical to my site.
Are there any errors? What exactly is going on? The add-on is not installed at all (no permissions, options, etc.) or the fields are simply not displayed?

Reactions: FTL
Are there any errors? What exactly is going on? The add-on is not installed at all (no permissions, options, etc.) or the fields are simply not displayed?
Apologies, I could have been clearer. Hope the following helps.

The add-on installed just fine, no errors. I enabled the install from zip option on the server. The add-on shows up as enabled, nothing unusual to see.

When I go to post in an article forum, there's no sign of the add-on. The posting screen is exactly the same as if it wasn't there. There are no errors, nothing looks odd and I can make a post like normal - except no publication control and I don't know why.

I can't think of why it works on my home PC, but not the server either, as they're the same apart from two things:

1) PHP 802 is installed on the home PC with W10 build 21H1 and all patches
2) PHP 806 is installed on Server 2019 build 1809 and all patches. Note that it's not my choice to use such an old build, but it's what you get with the free Amazon Web Services's machine image and there's no way to patch it without getting it from the portal, which would require me to buy Server, and that's very expensive.

I don't know if these things are making a difference and I still haven't had the chance to upgrade PHP on the home PC. Could this be it? Note that the same PHP modules are enabled in IIS on both computers.

Please let me know if you need any more detail.

EDIT: I upgraded the home PC to PHP 806, but the add-on still works, so it's not that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom