[BS] Robot user group [Deleted]

groups:
guests: cant see content of threads
robots: can see content of threads

It looks like that Bing cant see the pages anymore.

How you can be sure, that at least google and bing will be regognized as group robots?

groups:
guests: cant see content of threads
robots: can see content of threads

It looks like that Bing cant see the pages anymore.
.robots are determined by the user agent of the request. If you specified "Never" in the permission to view content for guests, robots will also not be able to view it.

How you can be sure, that at least google and bing will be regognized as group robots?
I checked it. Everything works.

This addon would be a really winner, if i could do:

guests: view thread content: no
robots: view thread content: yes

With your answer above i dont know, what is possible or not.
A robot/crawler should be in the new custom made group "robots", but not in the group guests.

Last edited:

A robot/crawler should be in the new custom mage group "robots", but not in the group guests to do like i want and need.
Why would you want to limit guests/users from viewing content? If I was a guest/user, I would just click away and not bother signing up.

A robot/crawler should be in the new custom made group "robots", but not in the group guests.
.yes, it's possible

But how?

I have added a new group with name "robots";
then i have choosen this new group as the group for the addon.

All permissions for "robots" are set like for the group guests (also with "View thread content" );
then i set this last permission to "no" for guests.

I have created a user to test his permissions as a member of group robots only.
This user can view the thread content.

But if i use a function from BING to make a preview of such a thread; there is no result, also i get many erros in Bing for pages that cant be visited.
Bing can see index and forum pages, but not the thread_view. Means theat Bing behaves like a guest and not like a member of group "robots".

At least the crawler of Bing seems to be not allowed to view what a user "example" as member of group "robots" can see.

You do have to be careful with showing robots something different than humans. IDK how Google detects but I know that's been a word of warning for a long time since I use to do this back on vb3 days with hiding certain elements from robots to help with page speed.

Hi,

It's possible create a group for robots and set permissions on node for view all threads ?
I have interesed on Unregister Users no view content threads.

Hey @021, i think this add-on will work great on my question in Live Forum Statistics thread.

Do you think this could work?

I just want to prevent the Google to 'see' this widget.

Hey @021, i think this add-on will work great on my question in Live Forum Statistics thread.

Do you think this could work?

I just want to prevent the Google to 'see' this widget.
.yes, you can use this add-on as a solution. Or I can send you a template modification. At your request :)

.yes, you can use this add-on as a solution. Or I can send you a template modification. At your request :)

Your support as always is one the best around here. Thanks @021!

I think a template modification would be great for starting, if is gonna work too...

I'm only opening this ticket because the news feed from my website on google are showing "Ignore Thread X" as a title, and if the reader click on this, they redirect then to 'Do you wish to Ignore Thread X on the Panel?".

Intresting addon - but...

.robots are determined by the user agent of the request.
Ok.
And what when I use a fake useragent thats the same as google robot use? ;)

Also - what google or other bots can see - all people can see and should see. Like:
You do have to be careful with showing robots something different than humans. IDK how Google detects but I know that's been a word of warning for a long time since I use to do this back on vb3 days with hiding certain elements from robots to help with page speed.

Top Bottom