[BS] Reputation [Deleted]

Any chance you could make the adding reputation more traditional in terms of forum like, such as a dropdown list

Positive (+3)
Positive (+2)
Positive (+1) --- all positives would be green
Neutral ----- which is the default value, grey
Negative (-1) --- all negative options would be red
Negative (-2)
Negative (-3)

Example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any chance you could make the adding reputation more traditional in terms of forum like, such as a dropdown list

Positive (+3)
Positive (+2)
Positive (+1) --- all positives would be green
Neutral ----- which is the default value, grey
Negative (-1) --- all negative options would be red
Negative (-2)
Negative (-3)

Example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
.if the user has a maximum score of 100? In the drop-down menu do 201 items? This is not very convenient

Possibly an option instead, for lower options? On traditional forums people generally have a maximum of 10 (IN MY FORUM experience)

021 updated [BS] Reputation with a new update entry:

.changes:
  • Added the ability to display a drop-down list for reputation
  • Added “Reputation” tab to member profile
  • New options
    • Display a drop-down list instead of an input field when putting a reputation
  • New style properties
    • The value of a positive reputation
    • The value of a negative reputation
    • Dropdown
    • Dropdown item
    • Dropdown item negative

More about update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

021 updated [BS] Reputation with a new update entry:

.changes:
  • The ability to view the reputation given by the user
  • The ability to report the reputation
  • The ability to delete the reputation
  • Reputation filter (positive, negative, neutral)
  • Positive reputation is now displayed with a "plus" sign
  • Improved translation
  • New permissions
    • View reputation given by users
    • Delete any reputation
More about update: https://devsell.io/resources/bs-reputation.15/update/51/

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is interesting. Can this addon factor in likes as contributors to Rep points i.e. Positive, neutral and negative reactions to rep point factor?

Any visual badges or icons planned? Always good to see a visual representation as well as numeric of reputation.

This is interesting. Can this addon factor in likes as contributors to Rep points i.e. Positive, neutral and negative reactions to rep point factor?
.do you mean that when you set up a reaction, you also have a reputation?

Any visual badges or icons planned? Always good to see a visual representation as well as numeric of reputation.
Display both near the avatar and in the post-bit
1584578241598.webp

.do you mean that when you set up a reaction, you also have a reputation?

Display both near the avatar and in the post-bit
View attachment 220774

Yes. Each reaction can contribute to (or deduct from) reputation points. Think of it as a basic multiplier (with positive/negative values) per reaction. On top of this you can contribute actual rep points that are weighted more. This would allow you to grow rep more holistically vs asking people to do something differently.

Yes. Each reaction can contribute to (or deduct from) reputation points. Think of it as a basic multiplier (with positive/negative values) per reaction. On top of this you can contribute actual rep points that are weighted more. This would allow you to grow rep more holistically vs asking people to do something differently.
.as far as I know, the reputation in many forums is a separate thing, the exhibiting of which should be supported by something. And if it will depend on reactions, then this is not quite a reputation :D

.as far as I know, the reputation in many forums is a separate thing, the exhibiting of which should be supported by something. And if it will depend on reactions, then this is not quite a reputation :D

It's definitely a separate thing but how you achieve it should factor in your current stature IMHO.

Adding a new workflow to give reputation to users will not get much traction on existing forums especially with an older audience. People don't like to click new things as you know if they're used to hitting like.

You can even simplify it to something like:
Likes-to-Posts Ratio × Total Likes = Rep Points

Now if I want to go out of my way and give someone an actual rep point I can and it'll be worth a lot more than a Like.

You can then allow admins to change those ratios. This would instantly give your seasoned members reps rather than dealing with complaints like I've been around for 50 years and I have a reputation of 0 suddenly.

These are just examples btw, you can use whatever ratios you want.

Simple contributors to consider:

User Defined x Likes
User Defined x No of Posts
User Defined x Threads
User Defined x Media
etc etc

I'm concerned that saying hey members you all have a reputation now and it's at 0 is going to be a negative experience for long timers on my forum. They will likely ignore it or get upset. Starting with an existing value that people are used to i.e. likes is a better spring board.

Last edited:
@021

Do you have a demo up on your site? I couldn't figure out a way to give rep points so maybe open it up.

Glad to see you have a reaction importer.
Also the reaction importer is great but are reactions going to be optionally factored into reputation?

Thanks again.

Top Bottom