[021] Real time chat [Deleted]

021 updated [BS] Real time chat with a new update entry:

.changes:
  • Added a new type of server communication with the client. Long polling.
    • This type is a bit slower than web sockets, but the chat will still be in real time.
    • This type does not require additional configuration. You just need to specify the maximum duration of the request.
      • I advise you to set 15-25 seconds.
    • This type loads the server more than web sockets.
    • There is the possibility of developing new adapters for the exchange...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey. Is that possible to have latest messages at the top of the chat box instead of having in at the bottom?

Another addition from ts that breaks the forum, and if not the forum, its components. Additions from the author said it is impossible to put on live, so examples will be given on this addition:
  1. If you have windows or windows server, forget about the add-on. Since your chat will not be able to start at all and you need to rewrite the code. Now the developers would do for one platform, although the language is for several, but the author decided everything himself.
  2. The message said that the add-on breaks the forum or its components. Yes it is, we take caching in the form of Redis, we put a gorgeous add-on from @Xon for redis. And we want to cache sessions? Forget the chat itself will fall off with a 502 error. Out of the box, it also breaks, a "cool" addition.
  3. Commands can work on their own / clear.
  4. Now back to the most interesting and in addition to this, the add-on will leave garbage in its own form as its bs_rtc_commands.xml file. But what do the standards tell us? Add-ons must not attempt to add data which is not associated with the add-on. And what do we see? It adds to the engine and will connect it to all of your add-ons and more. Cool it's five
  5. The add-on does not know how to work with browsers and heavily loads browsers on the phone. And also if you want to see the pages in the chat history on the phone, also forget
  6. I am also silent about optimizing the add-on, as it forces the client to load CPU and GPU.
  7. Another of the fun problems is the miracle of chat, if the user disables the sound notification, then it itself can turn on at any time
  8. In addition to all this, the author breaks in the chat all the functions of the editor and in addition to this custom bb codes. When you insert a link in general, they can leave somewhere to start fasting on a new line and not only. Let me give you a simple example: you created a custom bb code, for example, not with an extension, but in the admin.php?bb-codes. And what does our author do? It will not work. I’ll give you another example on the forum there is support for media sites and what does our author do? Again breaks the functionality of the forum and inserting media will no longer work in the chat. And there are still many such jokes, how and when the smiley panel can be erased on its own.
  9. Working with users is also a curve, and you can get cooldawn errors of the form: ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'user_id' of non-object src/addons/BS/RealTimeChat/Entity/Message.php:18
  10. Also a cool bug with mobile devices. If you close a tab on a mobile device, you will receive further notifications from the chat.
  11. Also, the awesome logic of the author with code duplication in the event handler and entity expansion. That would surely be both there and there. It’s better to repeat it like that 10 times) But something is not enough
  12. Chat seems to work in real time, but I’m grieving you not. Before sending in a personal message, you will encounter delays of 1 or more seconds to send. Just sending some links and you will have to restart the forum, as sometimes it may take even more than 1 minute to send the link. And surprisingly after a reboot it will be sent
  13. Another cool bug, the sent message cannot be changed, and if you edit that it was in PM, it simply processes it as text and displays a message of the form: /pm [USER=9638]@test[/USER], message. If you write to someone in a personal email or accidentally mis-click you will also not see who you wrote it to. And there will be only your nickname and message
And the problems in this addition are a wagon and a small cart, as in all others. If you compare with other similar chats that use the same Node.js or from the same @Siropy, you will not see any problems and such childhood errors. But this chat is far from the Shoutbox @Siropu from the same chat.
Everything is done in the style of the author and you will see the update in a year at best). About statistics, I generally keep quiet and to other additions and a miracle code will also have time. Everything will have its time and in the future more and more cards will be revealed. Acta est fabŭla.
Summing up, we can say that the author only learned not long ago what composer is and went mindlessly to insert different libraries into his additions. Some reasonably some are not, some that pull a bunch of dependencies and those that are in the engine and for the sake of sending 1 request to pull whole sdk is stupid. But the author sits like in a tank. If you consider the above words, then the author again distinguished himself; using a ported library with Node.js is stupid. To consider more reasonable options with reactphp why it is necessary?) We will insert and it is ready. At the output, you get the following. You can forget about the work of many engine functions and caching services. Grade 1/5.
Finis corōnat opus.
For 4 months, not one fix. It’s easier to update a third-party library and throw a method onto a call to the template function, depending on the version of XF. Well, we will describe the problems further and think about whether to use such add-ons that ruin the forum.
  1. The author breaks the forum search system. Well, this is not the first time for him with its similar additions, since caching breaks, then the search is more temperate. Recent content also.
    Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: Template public:search_result_chat_message is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:618
  2. It is enough to do a search on the get link and private messages will be available to third parties. Excellent confidentiality of messages between users in private messages, if it is enough to sort by message id. chat/history/{id}/
  3. Need to view message history on a mobile device? Forget it since pagination will not be available and you need to manually drive get links. Hi 1990
  4. If you sent a message to the user in PM and decided to edit and change, the message will not be sent to that user. It will be available all the same to the original sending user.
  5. caching is still broken
  6. Downloading the library from an external resource and it is not possible to store it on your server. <xf:js src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/socket.io/2.0.4/socket.io.js" />
  7. When you send messages to yourself in private messages, you will receive a notification about the message.
  8. We look at item number 6. And we look at cdn https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/socket.io/2.3.0/socket.io.js. But the author writes about library updates and not only)
In the future, the list will be replenished and more information will be disclosed. Acta est fabula

Reactions: 021
. @kick, thank you for your report. All issues will be fixed in next update.

If you sent a message to the user in PM and decided to edit and change, the message will not be sent to that user. It will be available all the same to the original sending user.
Checked, the edited message is sent to both users.

caching is still broken
Do you mean session caching? If so, then in the next update this is already fixed, as is the first point.

Hi,

How does the chat archive works? Does the chat room dump its content automatically inside a predefined thread?

Thanks.

hi I have a problem, when I show the chat I get the error Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

other error: if I try to write the error screen exits

if if I try to press on the history keys or open in the window ... the error comes out
Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

More error details may be in the browser console.

other error: if I try to write the error screen exits
You should configure your server and start chat server or, if you can't, buy installation service

Top Bottom